1Password crashing during the Dropbox sync [Settings > Sync view] (Working on a fix)

Options
Locker
Locker
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

1PW 5.1 (released).

iOS 8.0.2

DL new datafile (after deleting the App and reinstalling). It is about 3,500 items. While the sync took place, I get "Failed to download the file from Dro...". I understand that it because of some restrictions on Dropbox size, and should recover and continue. However, while waiting, the 1PW crashed. [I allowed a report to be sent to you]. Rerunning the 1PW, and looked at the Sync screen, it continued to crash after waiting about a minute or less. Few times. Even after all the items seemed to be DL'ed already.

I stopped looking at that screen. Now it does not crash (so far).

I'll soon try the same with the 5.1.1 beta (after I'll delete it to remove existing datafile, as explained in my other report from today). It probably will behave the same.

Comments

• Hi @Locker,

Your crasher is a known rare crasher in the Settings > Sync area that we're working on right now and it should be fixed soon. I don't have a timeframe but stay tuned to our beta changelog for info on this.

As for the data file size, it's not the size of the data file that matter, it is how many files. Dropbox has a rate limit of how many calls an app can make per hour, and if your data file have 3500 items, that's 3500 files resulting into at least 3500 requests into Dropbox.

This will be reduced to just 16 files with the upcoming default format switch to OPVault and we won't hit the rate limit with that.

• Locker
    Locker
    Community Member
    Options

... with the upcoming default format switch to OPVault ...

Thanks for the reply.
    Looking forward for the new format, especially that it encrypt the URL and the user ID too, as far as I understand. I haven't switched to it manually, especially when the process is more complicated for a secondary vault, and awaiting a simpler conversion method from you.

• Hi @Locker,

We have plans to make it radically simple in the upcoming 1Password 5 for Mac update.

• Locker
    Locker
    Community Member
    Options

We have plans to make it radically simple in the upcoming 1Password 5 for Mac update.

Great! Now I updated to OS 10.10, and was finally able to update to 1PW 5.0.1. Where do I find how to convert to OPVault?

(just for a reference, here was a previous discussion about OPVault)

• Hi @Locker,

Check your PM, I explained what to do with 1Password 5 for Mac for now.

This discussion has been closed.