Changing my paypal password

Options
prime
prime
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

So I been trying to change my paypal password and just having issues. I go to change it, generate a new password, it auto fills the area, and then I get an area "password must be over 8 characters long". I picked over 30 characaters long also. I took out symbols, copy and paste, and I get nothing. I am using 1Password on my Mac Mini and iPad and I have this issues on both.

Comments

• johnny808
    johnny808
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@prime‌, a few months ago, I had problems changing my PayPal password too. They don't do a good job advertising it, but apparently PayPal has an undisclosed maximum password length of 20 characters. Once I lowered my new password length to 20 characters, PayPal accepted the password change.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @prime,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with PayPal at the moment. Please let me know if @johnny808's suggestion works for you!

If not, we'll investigate further. :)

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

That was it! Thank you so much @johnny808‌! I'm amazed that they only allow 20 characters as they are used for payments. At least they should set up a 2 step authentication up or something.

@Megan‌ thanks for the follow up as well!

• johnny808
    johnny808
    Community Member
    Options

@prime‌, Great! Glad it worked out. You're welcome.

• I'm glad to hear johnny808's suggestion fixed the issue. :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.