1Browser doesn't rotate to landscape on iPhone 6 Plus [Will be improved in a future update]

Options
pwigle
pwigle
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

I have noticed that i can't rotate the 1password browser into landscape mode, i just upgraded to an iPhone 6 plus and have the latest version of 1password. Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @pwigle,

This is a limitation we placed on 1Browser for iPhone 6 Plus only, it was causing some issues when you switch back to the app while it is still in the landscape mode.

We will bring this back in a future update with better support for the landscape mode on iPhone 6 Plus.

• pwigle
    pwigle
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks for the info

• You're welcome!

• David Faigenbaum
    David Faigenbaum
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot rotate to landscape on my new iPhone 6 plus when trying to unlock 1 password pro. As a consequence I cannot type in all the appropriate characters for my master password to unlock 1 password. One can only get and see half the characters. How do you unlock in order to open 1 password on the iPhone 6 plus.

David

• Good morning David. Even though the field isn't long enough, you can continue to type and your Master Password will be filled in. Try that out and let me know how it works out for you.

• lgaretio2
    lgaretio2
    Community Member
    Options

The problem persists. The screen does not rotate Iphone 6 plus a horizontal position.
    Any solution?

• Hi @lgaretio2‌, that fix is still planned for a future update. For now, the solution is to type it in portrait position.

• robklima
    robklima
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to voice my support for this bug fix. Please make 1Browser rotate to landscape mode on iPhone 6 Plus. Apparently other iOS devices can do this and we can't so we are being unfairly penalized. Please make this a high priority!

• Hi @robklima,

Thanks for adding your support for this request!

• Hosbokun
    Hosbokun
    Community Member
    Options

Hello 1password team,
    How about the landscape option?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Hosbokun,

I've added a vote on this issue for you.

ref: OPI-1778

Thanks!

• imjoey
    imjoey
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have an iPhone 6 Plus and I hate that landscape support is not there for the web browser or when doing video playback. I have already updated to 5.3 and it still doesn't work. Also your latest update on 3/29/15 your browser is a bit choppy and sluggish in my 6 plus when viewing pages. Thanks. Hopefully you fix these soon.

• Thanks for chiming in, @imjoey. Could you give me a little more information about the choppy/sluggish behavior that you're seeing in 1Browser? Is it that way with all pages you browse, or only some?

This discussion has been closed.