No way to add username to existing login

Options

I generated a password and had it save the login for a site, however, the username is blank, so when I edit the record in 1Password, there is no place (field) to even add the username :( Am I missing something? I see the field when I am in non-edit mode.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

On the edit form you need to designate one of the web form fields (in the grid at the bottom). Left click on the designate column to set the username and password designated fields.

The field values you designate will then appear in the username and password fields on the main window's view panel.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Mark, did you create the Login item in the main 1Password program?

I ask because (as noted in the message that appears when you do that) the best way to create Login items is using the browser extension.

Details are available in the "Quick Start" section of the user's guide, accessible from the Help menu and on our web site.

• Mark Nudelman
    Mark Nudelman
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I was simply creating a password. It created the password via Password Gen in the Browser Extension. Then it saved the URL, and the password, but no login name.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I was simply creating a password. It created the password via Password Gen in the Browser Extension. Then it saved the URL, and the password, but no login name.

What URL are you seeing this problem with? Can you send us your steps? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.