iOS 3.5.9 Sync options?

clarketom
clarketom
Community Member

I have an iPhone 3g running 1password 3.5.9 Pro
Running iPass 4.4.2 on my Mac
Recently reloaded my iOS software and can't find a sync option to my iPhone any longer.

Dropbox sync gives me an api version error.
restore from a file over the network gives me an SQLite missing from header error when using my latest backup from 4.4.2
Wifi Sync says it requires a higher ios version.

Is my only option to regress desktop versions to a version with a database compatible with ios 3.5.9? Can I restore the old desktop version with a new backup file, or would I have re-enter all my data into the older desktop version?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @clarketom,

Unfortunately, the issue you are seeing is the result of a change that Dropbox made to their API. We've written a blog post that should answer most of your questions here: http://blog.agilebits.com/2013/08/08/1password-3-dropbox-sync-faq/

But, the basic gist of things is this: due to these changes, 1Password 3 for iOS can no longer sync via Dropbox.

1Password 4 was a complete re-write, including Wi-Fi sync, so 1Password 4 for Mac will be unable to sync with 1Password 3 for iOS using Wi-Fi. To keep 1Password 4 for Mac in sync with your older iPhone and 1Password 3 for iOS, here's what we'll do:

You can continue to use 1Password 4 for Mac on your Mac, simply open 1Password 3 for Mac whenever you need to sync your iOS device.

I'm sorry I don't have a perfect answer for you here, but I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.