Error Domain= NSPOSIXErrorDomain
Code=61 "The operation couldn't be completed. Connection refused

Why Why
This is silly

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jediklingon‌

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try syncing over an ad hoc network?

Thanks.

Ben

• Podman66
    Podman66
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem using my iPhone5S, with the same error message. The wifi sync works on my iPad. I needed to ensure that 1Password was closed on my iPad. This then allowed the iPhone to connect it then sync'ed correctly.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Podman66,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with Wi-Fi sync. The next time you get the error message, can you please confirm it is exactly the same one as above, including "Code=61"? The number there might be slightly different.

Also, can you let us know the exact version of 1Password you're using on your Mac, iPhone, and iPad? On your Mac, open 1Password and go to the menu for 1Password > About 1Password. On your iOS devices, open 1Password and look for the version number on the Settings screen, directly underneath the "Recommend 1Password" option. It may also help to know the OS version for your Mac and iOS devices. Thanks!

• chazzunokuthunuchtec
    Options

I get this error on my iPad Air; but I do not get the error with my iPhone 6. My wife's iPad Mini with Retina and her iPhone 5S are both able to sync over Wi-Fi.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@chazzunokuthunuchtec‌ you need to provide the information requested in Drew_AG's post #4 above, please, in order for us to help.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

HI @chazzunokuthunuchtec‌ Once we have some more information we can start the troubleshooting process. It would also be helpful to know what you've already tried so far to avoid duplicating your previous efforts.

• chazzunokuthunuchtec
    Options

I did not know how to solve the aforementioned problem, but I may have "fixed" this by changing my sync options away from Wi-Fi (temporarily set to Dropbox) and then back to Wi-Fi. Now it syncs automatically on startup (over Wi-Fi) if it is open on the Mac, whereas before I had to manually go in and start the sync.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chazzunokuthunuchtec‌

I'm glad to hear that you managed to get things sorted out! If 1Password misbehaves for you again, please let us know - we'd be happy to help.

• elminster_aom
    elminster_aom
    Community Member
    Options

Hello AgileBits team,

I just downloaded the evaluation version and I'm having the same problem here described:
    Error Domain= NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=61 "The operation couldn't be completed. Connection refused"

But this error only when I can select the Mac. Most of time it doesn't list any server. It appears only some and always after after regenerating wifi secret.

I tried @bwoodruff tip, trying a hoc network, but it stills not working. However behaviour is different, it always appear the Mac on the selecting list and the error code=51.

The first time I got it working but not anymore.

I restarted the router, Mac and iPhone. Firewall is disabled. All applications (iOS and Mac are in last version). I also tried with iPad and same behaviour.

Your help would be appreciate.

Regards.

• Hi all,

One more thing to try is to remove the Wi-Fi network from iOS and rejoin it. I don't mean just turn WiFi off and on, but go to the Settings app and tap Wi-Fi, and click the ⓘ beside the network name. Then tap Forget this Network. You will then have to rejoin your network. After that, try setting up sync again.

• Piers
    Piers
    Community Member
    Options

Hi all,

Since the recent updates on both my Win8.1 PC (1P app v 4.3.1.560) and my iPad/iPhone (v5.3) now i cannot Wifi sync, when i could pre-updates.

I just went to sync this morning before i go out and before i press sync now i noticed the computer name and underneath it shows 0.0.0.0.6262 which one assumes to be the computers IP and the port used. However i clicked sync now and i got this error in the little popup message:

error domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomainCode=61 "The operation couldn't be completed. Connection refused"

It clearly finds the computer ok, but cannot go any further in the sync.

Yes i tried "Forget this network" as suggested above. Disabled firedwalls etc.

Please help

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Piers,

Please see this post and see if the suggestion there helps:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/149632/#Comment_149632

Please let us know.

Ben

• Piers
    Piers
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bwoodruff thanks but i am using a PC and that guide is for MAC.

What's strange is that the network has not changed at all, nor the routers. They have not been rebooted and have been powered on pre-update until now. There have been no firewall updates, or any other updates that i can remember.

I changed my "Search Domains" setting on my WiFi network on my mobile phone and voila, both iOS devices seem to work now..... Weird? (have not changed this setting on my ipad)

This makes no sense, how does the iOS setting on one device affect the connection for all three.... makes no sense. The PC has not been restarted since i wrote my initial comment yesterday, it got put into sleep mode last night and that's it.... ARGH!

Anyway thanks for your time, it's working again :)

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear it is working now. I would agree it is strange that changing the search domains on one device resolved the problem (coincidence, perhaps) but I suppose the fact that it is working is what it important. :)

• elminster_aom
    elminster_aom
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again,

@hayesk suggestion didn't bring any difference. Sorry.

After several tries I realised that the problem is intermittent. I couldn't find a 100% matching pattern but I uses to suffering the error just after star-up iMac. If I wait or better retry after 30' or one hour it uses to working.

I realise this isn't so helpful for diagnoses but it may explain why people reports this error and later says it's working good.

Regards

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for letting us know your findings. Glad to hear you found a workaround, though obviously hopefully we'll be able to improve this in an update so that isn't necessary.

This discussion has been closed.