Restoring 3.7 purchase in 5

Ivor Plecas
Ivor Plecas
Community Member

Hey guys,

I bought 1password pro 3.7 back in the days and didn't use it much since it lacked various functionality.
Now I downloaded the new version of the app, and can't seem to restore my purchases.
You've posted a workaround for restoring purchases when transitioning from 4 to 5, but what about my case? :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Ivor,

1Password 5 for iOS's Pro features are a paid upgrade from 1Password 3 for iOS.

Thanks!

Ben

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Ivor Plecas‌ Just to expand a little on bwoodruff's answer. When AgileBits released 1Password 5 for iOS they moved from a paid app to a freemium model with an in-app purchase for the pro features. Those that had previously purchased 1Password 4 for iOS got a free upgrade based on their iTunes receipt.

The jump from 1Password Pro 3.7.2 to 4.0 though was, through my readings, a complete rewrite of the application and on that occasion they decided to release it as a new app requiring a fresh purchase. That's why if you look through the version history of 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet you'll see it only goes back to 4.0. The same goes for moving from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4 for Mac although because AgileBits have more control over their own store I believe they offered a discount for existing users.

If you use 1Password for Mac, where you buy it has implications on sync methods available going forward. Apple have made CloudKit (iCloud sync) MAS only so if that's important to you you'd want to purchase the OS X version from the Mac App Store.

This discussion has been closed.