WiFi sync in Yosemite/iOS 8.0.2 [Please ensure that the OS X firewall allows 1Password]

Options
Stephen_C
Stephen_C
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I am posting this in case it may help others. I installed Yosemite this morning, downloaded 1P5 for OS X and tried a wifi sync with my iPhone. I eventually received the following error message on the phone:

I tried rebooting both devices but still failed to get the sync to work. What eventually solved the problem for me was manually adding in the OS X firewall 1P5 to the list of apps allowed to accept incoming connections. Wifi sync now works—complete with attachments (hooray!). :)

Stephen

Comments

• montsemark
    montsemark
    Community Member
    Options

I downloaded latest iOS version as well on iPad and it doesn't recognize the MacBook. I go to WiFi sync on MacBook and iPad (latest iOs) and the WiFi Sync window on iPad only says "Refresh List" - I can click over and over and nothing happens.

This used to work just fine with my old version of 1Password. This really sucks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @montsemark‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Wi-Fi sync! Please see @Stephen_C's handy post above - does this help?

The important bit is:

What eventually solved the problem for me was manually adding in the OS X firewall 1P5 to the list of apps allowed to accept incoming connections.

• JBLem
    JBLem
    Community Member
    Options

I just upgraded my iMac to Yosemite and am now having the same problem syncing with my iPhone. I tried the solution above but it does not work for me. (I have an iPhone 4S and have not upgraded to IOS 8. Could that be the problem?)

• JBLem
    JBLem
    Community Member
    Options

Oh one other thing, I don't get an error message like Stephen did, nothing ever dhows up in the available sources to sync to like it did before the upgrade... (I also upgraded to 1P5 on my iMac after Yosemite)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JBLem,

I'm sorry that Wi-Fi sync is giving you trouble right now. Our developers have recently tracked down a bug where computers with longer names wouldn't show up in the available sources list. We'll have a fix version ready for release soon. Is your computer's name particularly long?

If not, please try restarting your devices to see if that gives things a little kickstart.

• brebro
    brebro
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

I just tried syncing my iPad 3 with my iMac and got the same problem. No error message, but the iMac that usually showed up to sync with is not listed and only "refresh list" is shown. Using version 5.1.1 of IOS app and 5.02 of the Mac app on my Yosemite OS. (also I would try the "adding in the OS X firewall 1P5 to the list of apps allowed to accept incoming connections) fix, but I don't even know what all that is referring to, unless it has to do with the Firewall settings in the system preferences in Security, but I don't even have the Firewall turned on.)

EDIT: after I posted this, I tried to use the "Sync to iCloud" option and got the "(CKErrorDomain error 4)" and looked that problem up here, finding people had been logged off the wifi network. I checked and sure enough, my iPad was not on the internet/wifi network any longer. I connected again and tried the wifi sync and this time my iMac showed up in the list and I was able to sync between the two of them. I didn't notice before, but maybe I was knocked off the network at the time then as well and that is why the sync did not show my desktop computer.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brebro If you're running 5.0.2 that sounds like you purchased 1Password direct from AgileBits. So a quick heads up, you won't be able to use iCloud sync I'm afraid as Apple are now limiting access to apps and applications purchased via them. On OS X that means the Mac App Store. Saying that it sounds like you've got WiFi syncing going at the moment so hopefully that won't be an issue.

Glad to hear you've got WiFi syncing working for you anyway. Yell back if there are any other issues.

• brebro
    brebro
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I got 1Password back in version 1 or 2 when it came with a MacHeist bundle, so I've been using the discounted upgrade path ever since, which disallows getting it from the Mac App store. Luckily, I don't trust the cloud enough to put even my encrypted info there or in Dropbox, so I'm glad they decided to put a wi-fi option back in anyway.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brebro,

I'll be sure to let our developers know that you're grateful for Wi-Fi sync - we're thrilled to have a non-cloud-based option back as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.