Startup in Folder view broken again.

Options
mkayes
mkayes
Community Member

In the latest version 5.0 (500019) from the MAS the problem you fixed for me last year has returned.

When 1Password starts it goes to All Items and hides Folders. It needs to remember the last used view. I only use Folder view so this is quite frustrating as it needs to start up like this...

Comments

• jaystar
    jaystar
    Community Member
    Options

I am noticing this problem as well in 1Password 5.0 (App Store version) on Yosemite. Folders, tags, and security audit are all collapsed everytime I start 1Password after a system start or restart. It is very annoying.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

Does this only happen after a system restart, or does quitting and relaunching the app cause it as well? I'm not able to reproduce the problem by quitting the app and relaunching it.

• mkayes
    mkayes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, It happens just by quitting and relaunching the app. Everytime, even if only quit for a second it reopens like this...

• nine52south
    nine52south
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem - every time I open 1password, it opens to "all items" view and does not open to my folder. I have to go to "show folders" and then click on my folder. Prior to this upgrade, it always opened to "my folder" and I didn't have to go through the process of identifying my folder. Quite an inconvenience since I hardly ever use other folders. Help.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hey guys!

Thanks for your help! We were just able to reproduce it here (Expand Folders, Tags and Security Audit and quit both 1Password and 1Password mini).

I just opened a bug in our issue tracker and we'll squash it very soon.

Cheers!

Rad

ref: OPM-1979

• mkayes
    mkayes
    Community Member
    Options

Thought I should update this thread in case today's MAS update to Version 5.0.2 (502006) was supposed to have fixed the problem - it hasn't. I will assume this build didn't contain the fix but thought it worth mentioning just in case.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. This bug is still open and being investigated. Thanks!

• mkayes
    mkayes
    Community Member
    Options

Any news on fixing this bug yet? It's driving me up the wall with the amount of use 1Password gets on my Mac. I'm switching back to using Acrylic's Wallet for now.

• Jasper
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi @mkayes,

Sorry for the trouble! Our developers are currently working on this fixing this bug. I can't promise exactly when it will be fixed, but hopefully soon.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi @mkayes‌,

Thanks for the follow up :smiley:

I fixed the bug last night and have submitted it for code review. The fix is bound to come soon in a future beta of 1Password for Mac.

Cheers!

ref: OPM-1979

• mkayes
    mkayes
    Community Member
    Options

Just confirming that today's update to "1Password Version 5.1 (510027) Mac App Store" didn't include the fix yet, as it is still broken.
    It's almost been 4 months now. Thank god I still had my Acrylic Wallet database so it didn't take me too long to switch back to it.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi @mkayes‌,

Thanks for the follow up!

The fix didn't make it into 1Password 5.1 from the Mac App Store, because we submitted the build for review prior to fixing the bug. The fix is however present in the betas (5.3.BETA-1).

Please let us know if you wish to migrate to the betas, we'll be delighted to assist you :smiley:

Best,

This discussion has been closed.