Retrieve them from the trash
I know we all have various backup programs. But I really love the usefulness of Hazel.
Here is how I use it to retrieve my apps from the trash after updating them via iTunes
- Download and purchase a license to Hazel
- Select a safe storage location, I use a localy attached HD
- Set up the rules (see screen shot)
- Now anytime your apps are deposited in the trash Hazel grabs them and files them away.
- *Your archive size can grow very very quickly so be watchful.
- *This is why I DO NOT keep mine in Dropbox.
- *Obviously some of you will not like growl notifications you can remove this line
- *Some will also like different filing criteria so customize away
- *Also unless you properly test your rule creation, there is no way to verify you set it up correctly.
- *This is provided as a simple my way of doing things,
- *I take no responsibility for your data and or app purchases, use at your own risk.