1P version 5.0 / Mac version 10.10 Yosemite

Options
iamecho
iamecho
Community Member

Hi - I just purchased 1P from the MAS as my original purchase was from AgileBits. I wanted to use iCloud sync so didn't see an alternative other than to buy it again. I use 3 vaults and have previously been syncing them through DropBox. Now that I'm set up using 1P from the App Store, after syncing my Primary Vault through iCloud I went to the other 2 vaults to sync them. It's not allowing me to, saying only the primary vault can be synced. Surely I can sync my 3 vaults using iCloud? Am I missing something .. having just re-purchased the software now I can't sync 3 vaults via iCloud. Is there a work around to this?

• If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iamecho‌ If the goal is to sync secondary vaults between macs and iOS devices then sorry, your only option has always been Dropbox. I know people have asked for secondary vault synchronisation via either iCloud or WiFi but I don't know the current state of development.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables Thanks for your comment. I didn't realize this. Please can you tell me if I can use iCloud sync for my primary vault, and then sync vaults @ & 3 via Dropbox? Do you know if that's a viable workaround?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iamecho‌ You can do exactly that if you wish. You can set the primary up via iCloud and as many secondary vaults as you wish via Dropbox. Both the iOS and OS X versions can handle this.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables‌ Thanks for your input. It's helpful to have separate vaults for family etc so unless there is an another solution, I'll give this a go.

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iamecho‌. It looks like you got some great advice from @littlebobbytables‌. How did it go?

-Eva

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @eva_s‌ - thanks for checking in. I was able to iCloud sync my Primary Vault, and then DropBox sync vaults #2 & #3. I then deleted my Primary Vault from Dropbox. It occurred to me (after the fact) that by deleting the primary vault from DropBox I would not be able to use the 1Password anywhere function. I'm not sure I need it, but I like the idea of it in the event something catastrophic happened. Does iCloud sync offer the same kind of 1Password anywhere solution? i.e.: if I found myself on a public computer somewhere could I access my 1Password data?

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iamecho. The answer is, sort of. For all practical purposes, 1PasswordAnywhere is only available when you are using Dropbox sync.
    However, if you are feeling particularly DIY, 1PasswordAnywhere is a part of the AgileKeychain format and if it is sync'ed through iCloud Drive, you can access it like Dropbox or Folder Sync.

Keep in mind it is the same restriction as Dropbox, your browser must be configured to allow local Javascript files to be executed. Unfortunately, iCloud Drive does not have a website where you can run 1PasswordAnywhere from, so you're down to configuring the browser to allow 1PasswordAnywhere on your own.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@eva_s‌ Hi again - that is way above my pay grade! I think I'll just avoid any catastrophic scenarios. Thank you.

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iamecho‌, yes, that certainly isn't the right answer for everyone. I think it is always a safe bet to try to avoid catastrophic scenarios whenever possible. :-)

This discussion has been closed.