Safar (8.0) browser extension (4.2.4) not working

Options
cledantec
cledantec
Community Member

Just updated to Yosemite and 1Password 5 (via App Store). I've repeatedly deleted and re-installed the Safari browser extension (and restarted Safari each time) and I get the same result: the CMD+\ works immediately following re-installing the extension, but some short time later, it stops working.

The shortcut does prompt me to enter my password to unlock 1password (as expected) but fields are no longer filled in and clicking on the key icon in Safari does nothing. The only way to get it working again is to re-install the extension which takes me back full circle.

Known issue? Something dumb on my end?

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cledantec‌,

Please make sure that the 1Password Safari Extension is installed in Safari's Preferences > Extensions, reboot you Mac and make sure that the Extension is still enabled.

Please met me know how it goes.

Cheers!

Rad

• cledantec
    cledantec
    Community Member
    Options

They are both enabled. First thing I checked before reinstalling the extension.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cledantec‌,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly :+1:

Could there be a firewall or antivirus app on your Mac that's blocking connections to local host? If that's the case, please make sure that you allow connections for 1Password and 1Password mini.

I look forward to your reply :smiley:

Best,

Rad

• FBrunoldi
    FBrunoldi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, the same here: it doesn't work with Safari 8.0 and OS Yosemite (and with 1Password 5).
    The Extension is enabled but no way to find it on Safari's bar....

Cheers,
    Fabrizio

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cledantec‌ and @FBrunoldi‌,

If the information above or from this topic don't help and if there isn't a firewall or antivirus app on your Mac that's blocking connections to local host, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you.

Thanks in advance!

Rad

• cledantec
    cledantec
    Community Member
    Options

no av software. firewall seems possible but not probably bcs it does work intermittently and if it was a firewall standing in the way it wouldn't work at all. what port does the communication happen on? that might help me comb through firewall logs (i have a more complicated than normal firewall setup but know my way around so a little more info will help me help myself.)

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cledantec‌,

Here's a article from our Knowledgebase that illustrates how to configure Sophos.

I hope that it will help you help yourself :smiley:

Thank you!

Rad

This discussion has been closed.