Unable to install Safari extension

PerryD
PerryD
Community Member

Right now on my Macbook I'm running OS 10.9.5 which should be the latest version of Mavericks. I don't have the time to install Yosemite at the moment. When I click on the big green install extension button it takes me to a link that indicates the extension is loading. But it doesn't load. The Firefox extension worked fine. But I really prefer Safari. Any help would be appreciated. I was running 1Password from Agilebits. But I bought it again from the App Store because I wanted to use iCloud synching which wouldn't work once I downloaded 1Password5 onto my iMac. So now I have 1Password4 newly downloaded into my Macbook from the App Store. Seems I made a mistake, but I'm pretty invested in 1Password at this point having used it for many years.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Hi @PerryD,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.

First of all, could you go to Safari's Preferences > Extensions and ensure the preference there is set to "on".

Next, please try restarting your Mac, then download the Safari extension from this direct link: https://cache.agilebits.com/dist/1P/ext4/1Password-4.2.5.safariextz

Once the file has downloaded, please double-click it to install it.

If that doesn't work for you, could you please let me know if you're seeing any specific error messages?

This discussion has been closed.