Database Backup Failed [Resolved]

milldavid12
milldavid12
Community Member
edited October 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello -

I am receiving two error messages from 1Password. I am using Version 3.9.20 on a Mac with OS 10.6.8

I am able to unlock and use 1Password within the Firefox browser, but I am unable to open and unlock 1Password outside of the browser and I am receiving the following error messages:

The 1Password Database could not be backed up. The database exists but is invalid. One or more key files may be missing.

AGDatabaseError Exception: The encryption keys file does not exist at 'file://localhost/Users/moglass/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/1password.keys'

I am guessing the error has something to do with Dropbox syncing. Anyone with some insight on this would be of great help

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Hi @milldavid12‌,

The issue is that there are some missing files in your data fie that is required and 1Password can't unlock your file because of this.

First, I've moved your thread to our 1Password 3 for Mac forum since you're using 1Password 3.

Can you try restoring from a backup to see if that works. To do this, open the main 1Password app, ignore the error, and then go straight to the File Menu > Restore, select your most recent backup to restore from it.

That should let you get back up and running in the main 1Password app. If yes, it should then work in Firefox.

Let us know how it turns out.

• milldavid12
    milldavid12
    Community Member

Thank You MikeT! Restoring from a recent backup solved the problem.
    Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @milldavid12‌

I'm so glad to hear that Mike's suggestions got you back up and running - thanks for letting us know!

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.