How do I license 1Password version 4.4.3 ? [version 5 license also works with version 4]

macindigo
macindigo
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I'm running 1Password 4.4.3 in trial mode under OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion).

When I click the Buy Now button in 1Password 4, it takes me to the Agilebits store which only shows 1Password 5. If I purchase the license for 1Password 5, will that license work with version 4.4.3?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

@LeoRegius‌

Yes.

All users running version 4 received free upgrades to version 5. The staff have been burning the midnight oil getting 5 ready to ship and may very well still be doing the same currently. They are getting copious amounts of support requests.

My point they my have just forgotten to fix the page, but yes indeed you will get a key/file capable of working on version 5 & 4.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

Hi guys,

@thightower‌, thank you for your help and for the heads up! :+1:

@LeoRegius‌, if you purchase a license for 1Password 5 from our web store it will work on both 1Password 4 and 5 for Mac.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with :wink:

Cheers!

Rad

ref: AGW-105

• macindigo
    macindigo
    Community Member

Thanks much @thightower and @Rad for your help. I've licensed 1Password and all is well. Great software indeed!

There is a small issue with the iPhone side of this though.

I installed version 4.5.3 of the IOS app after following these instructions:https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/28609/1password-for-ios-6-and-ios-7-available-in-updates-purchases-for-those-who-already-purchased/p3 and it is running on my iPhone 4S (IOS 7.1.2).

The issue is that my iTunes library now contains the 1Password 5.1.ipa mobile application which is not the version that's on the iPhone. I need to obtain the 1Password 4.5.3.ipa file so that iTunes is properly synched with what's actually on my iPhone. This can't be done through Apple but that's OK because the correct ipa file can be imported into iTunes locally.

Can AgileBits provide a legitimate copy of this file or a link to where it can be downloaded?

• Good morning @LeoRegius‌. Unfortunately AgileBits does not have a copy of the 4.5.3 .ipa that we can distribute. Apple digitally signs each app that is downloaded from the store to allow it to run on your device, which is not something we're able to do.

You should be able to get the 4.5.3 .ipa off your phone, though. Start by deleting the 5.1 .ipa from iTunes and then sync your iPhone to iTunes. It should offer to copy some items back to your iTunes library, 1Password included. Let me know how this works out for you and if there's anything else we can do to help.

• macindigo
    macindigo
    Community Member

@MrRooni, thanks for your sage advice!

I did as you suggested and 1Password 4.5.3.ipa is now in iTunes' Mobile Applications folder.

• Excellent! Glad to hear it worked out.

This discussion has been closed.