Total uninstall of 1Password 1 and 4?

Options

I have an issues which I think is related to a previous installation of 1Passwird. I seldom check IE but I noticed that there are multiple 1P references in the Menu bar and in the browser add ins. How do I remove the BHOs etc?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Your 1Password extension for IE is uninstalled when you uninstall 1Password itself. Alternatively, you can uncheck the box for Internet Explorer here: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Browsers

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

As noted in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/uninstalling-1password

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I looked at the guide. It worked to remove the extension but IE11 still shows the extension when I view Manage Add-ons inside IE. I have already disabled them.

I have already uninstalled 1Password 4 and the items are still present.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I've solved the issue by uninstalling 1Password 4, reinstalling 1Password 1.0 and signing in and going to Preferences, unchecking the IE browser extension. I removed 1Password 1.0 for Windows and finally reinstalled 1Password 4.1.

The issue was with some registry entry leftovers from 1Password 1.0.

Would it be possible to check for a previous release, like the Anti Viral programs do, within the 1Password 4 installer and offer to uninstall it?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Most things are possible, of course—it's software. :)

We can certainly put that on the list of features for future consideration.

Thanks for letting us know it would be useful to you!

This discussion has been closed.