Dialog Box - running in Demo mode (put I purchased a license in 2012)!

Options

When I received the upgrade notice, I clicked upgrade and was asked for the license key. I entered the one I had saved but to no avail, an error came back saying it was not valid. I verified my license number with the automated service and the license keys are the same since my original Sept 2012 purchase for Windows. I also have the iphone version which is synced with my Windows version.

Whenever I try to launch 1Password app from my PC, I get the same upgrade message and then it says that I am running the app in demo mode!!

What can I do???

Do I have to pay again to upgrade? It was $40+ when I originally purchased.

Can someone call me? Or how can I get tech support?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

@Peggy, our records show that you purchased your 1Password 1 for Windows license in January of 2012. Thank you!

As noted under "Pricing" in the Upgrading from version 1 article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase, free upgrades are available to folks who purchased in either 2013 or 2014—an industry-unique 20-month upgrade window!

We hope you'll understand the need to charge for major upgrades, as do all software companies, so that we can continue to maintain and improve 1Password, as well as provide support for existing customers.

You can, of course, re-install 1Password 1 for Windows, which is available [here](https://agilebits.com/onepassword/win/release_notes0, if you prefer. (The page says "1Password 3 for Windows" for some reason, but there's no such thing—you'll be downloading 1Password 1 for Windows, the version that immediately precedes our current offering.)

This discussion has been closed.