1Password Alumni
edited October 2014 in Mac
--

Comments

• stephen-m
    stephen-m
    Community Member
    Options

In the iCloud pane of System Preferences, clicking the Manage… button reveals that not one but two 1Password keychain files (of slightly different size) are being stored in iCloud. Maybe that's normal, but it doesn't seem likely. Should I be concerned about that, and if so what should I do about it?

Stephen

OS 10.10 (Yosemite)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stephen-m,

After updating to the new iCloud CloudKit engine in OS X Yosemite and iOS 8, you may see two 1Password sync files in your iCloud storage. One is from the old engine and the other from t he new engine.

As it is difficult to tell the two apart, the easiest method is to reset sync for 1Password entirely. Since both the Mac and iOS device have local copies of the data, we can remove and regenerate iCloud data easily.

We’ll do most of the work on the Mac.

• Disable iCloud sync on all devices.
    • iOS: In 1Password, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service > Disable iCloud.
    • Mac: Open 1Password and click 1Password > Preferences > Sync > Change Syncing > Disable Sync.
    • Remove the newer iCloud data.
    • Click Help > Troubleshooting > Erase iCloud data.
    • Remove older iCloud data.
    • Open System Preferences and click iCloud. Click Manage. Click the remaining 1Password entry, then click Delete All.
    • Restart all devices.
    • Set up iCloud again.
    • Mac: Open 1Password and click 1Password > Preferences > Sync > iCloud.
    • iOS: In 1Password, tap Settings > Sync > Start Syncing > iCloud.

This should get you all sorted out, but if you have any further questions, we're here to help!

• stephen-m
    stephen-m
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

I followed your instructions, and now have a single 1Password keychain stored in iCloud. Everything looks good on both iMac and iPhone.

I still have that other little issue of 1Password on the iMac incorrectly indicating the number of items contained in regular user folders, but that looks like a separate problem than the one we're dealing with here.

Thanks so much for your help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stephen-m‌

I'm so glad to hear that the steps got you all sorted out! I see that we're helping you with the folder issue in a separate thread - we'll keep the conversation going directly there so that we don't get things mixed up between here and there.

Since this particular issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.