1Password MAS on Yosemite (German) crashes when cmd + c or v is used and when minimized

Options
Stefan Schweizer
Stefan Schweizer
Community Member

Since updating to Yosemite and installing the MAS Update of 1Password (5.0) 1Password always crashes on a German OS X (Swiss German Language Setting Canadian Keyboard). Any ideas. Deleting 1Password, rebooting and redownloading from the MAS didnt help. Same issue on 2 Macs.

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Stefan Schweizer‌ ,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us.

I just changed my primary language to Swiss German, my secondary to German and the keyboard is now Canadian English. I tested it with the Mac App Store version of 1Password 5 and I couldn't get any crashes while using cmd+c or v or when minimizing the window.

What happens if you temporarily change your Mac's primary language to something other than Swiss German? Does 1Password still crash?

If not, what happens if you switch back to Swiss German?

I look forward to your reply :smiley:

Cheers!

Rad

• Stefan Schweizer
    Stefan Schweizer
    Community Member
    Options

Before I try that, did you try Schwiizertüütsch? :-), thats my primary, Deutsch (Schweiz) is my 2nd in priority. As I always have a lot open during the day I dont just can close it all to logoff/on. Would you mind checking with that exact settings first again?

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and for the additional information :+1:

I wasn't using Deutsch (Schweiz) as my secondary language, I was using the regular Deutsch.

I just tired again with Schwiizertüütsch was the primary language and Deutsch (Schweiz) as my secondary and I still cannot reproduce the crash.

Can you please try the steps I mentioned in my previous reply when you have the time? And if your problem persists, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com.  A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you.

Thanks in advance!

Rad

• Stefan Schweizer
    Stefan Schweizer
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, Sir, I did try with Deutsch as primary language setting, 2nd Deutsch(Schweiz) and 3rd Schwiizertüütsch,English Canada, English US, reboot and the program did in fact not crash anymore. Region Settings Schweiz.
    As soon as I changed back to Schwiizertüütsch, Deutsch (Schweiz), Deutsch, English Canada, English US (in that order) it crashes again.
    Any ideas?

• Stefan Schweizer
    Stefan Schweizer
    Community Member
    Options

Application Specific Information:
    *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Failed to get CharCodes from EventRef (-9870)'

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Stefan,

I did try and reproduce this crash and I finally was able to reproduce it, but not consistently.

I just opened a bug in our issue tracker so we can investigate furthermore.

In the meantime, please try and reboot your Mac and see if it still happens, this seemed to fix it for me.

Thanks!

Rad

ref: OPM-2523

• Stefan Schweizer
    Stefan Schweizer
    Community Member
    Options

Great, well not, but good you could reproduce it. Rebooting does nothing for me on both macs. :(

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Stefan Schweizer‌,

Thank for the confirmation!

Please let us know if you have more information, it will help us get to the bottom of it.

Cheers!

Rad

• Stefan Schweizer
    Stefan Schweizer
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately I dont have much more information. Sorry. If I do find any relation to anything I do or have installed I will let you know

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's awesome!

Thanks so much @Stefan Schweizer‌ :+1:

• Stefan Schweizer
    Stefan Schweizer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I did finally find out what caused it. Its a Mac OS X bug after the upgrade to Yosemite. If you have I guess any german language as system Settings defined there is an issue with shortcuts in Safari (thats where you notice it as well). But in 1Password it seems to cause an issue so that it crashes when you use cmd +c or v. It probably only happens with an upgrade to Yosemite (altough I can't confirm or test this). Solution is: Remove ALL German language settings, just leave default/standard english reboot (it then works again in Safari and 1P), add german back reboot and all is ok with German language settings as well. Just though I'll let you guys know.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Stefan Schweizer ,

Wow. That sounds rather complicated (and obscure) ... thanks so much for working through that for us! I've added your comments to the bug report in our internal tracker. In any case, I'm glad to hear that things are working well for you now! :)

This discussion has been closed.