iCloud sync issue with iPhone 5

jEnN
jEnN
Community Member

Hi,
I have an issue where iCloud Sync is not working on my iPhone. It is stuck in a permanent state of 'syncing'.
It is an iPhone 5 with 8.1. The app version is 5.1
On my Mac, the app version is 5 and has "Mac App Store"

I have gone through this KB: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/5/en/topic/icloud-sync-checklist-cloudkit

Last night I disabled iCloud syncing from both Mac and iPhone, to get the iCloud sync in a fresh sync state on my Mac. Now my phone is just stuck and continues to be in a 'syncing' state.

Are there any additional troubleshooting steps to continue with?

Comments

• Hi @jEnN‌

Is there any data on your phone that exists only on your phone (i.e. it is not present on your Mac)? If not, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the iOS app.

If there is data on your phone that needs to be saved, please make a backup first:

Once you've reinstalled you can restore your data & try setting up syncing again.

Thanks!

• jEnN
    jEnN
    Community Member

Thanks.
    It looks like this now syncs partially. It has only synced 44 items. (I have a lot more than that) I will have to check on my Mac once I'm home to verify my data is still there. My work Mac is not on Yosemite yet. Is it possible to leave this open?

• jEnN
    jEnN
    Community Member

Well as an update...
    It took several times forcing a sync to happen. Meaning that I tapped on sync multiple times throughout the day. When I got home, I hit sync on my Mac again-just to make sure. the highest it got-was up to 95. Next steps:
    1. disabled 1password in icloud drive
    2. uninstalled 1password (again)
    3. still need to tap on sync several times

Now at least it's synced up to 126. The total items are 128. I'm pretty disappointed in the icloud sync functionality. I don't think it's as robust as 1password claims it is.

• Good morning @jEnN. I'm terribly sorry for the trouble you're experiencing with iCloud sync in 1Password. I would love to see a diagnostic report from your iPhone. From within 1Password tap on Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Email Diagnostics. Please post back here when you've sent it in so we can take a look.

• jEnN
    jEnN
    Community Member

Hi there,
    I have sent that in just now.

• Hi @jEnN‌

I didn't see any recent emails from the address you registered for the forums with. Could you please send me a message with the email address that you used?

Thanks!

• Found it. :)

ref: GPZ-87623-942

• jEnN
    jEnN
    Community Member

Sooooo......@bwoodruff any updates?

• Hi @jEnN‌

Sorry, no. As soon as one of our technical gurus has a chance to review your diagnostic report they will reply to you directly via email. Unfortunately we have quite a line at the moment, so it may be a few business days before they are able to review the report.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.