What browser will work with 1Password?

Options
charlie999
charlie999
Community Member

Having problems at the moment with Safari plug in on the Mac I'm thinking about changing my browser preferences. I want the bookmarks to be synced over my devices and also want to be able to auto fill with 1Password on iOS devices.

I've installed Chrome which will sync bookmarks but doesn't look like it will work with 1Password.

Anyone using anything other than Safari and getting this working.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

As far as I know, the only browsers that you can use for automatic submission of credentials are Safari, via the new extension in iOS 8, and the builtin 1Browser in 1Password itself. I don't know this for sure, but I assume Apple hasn't opened browser extensions to any browsers other than their own.

• charlie999
    charlie999
    Community Member
    Options

That would make sense. I quite like Safari as I goes but the plug in on the Mac is very temprental.

Cheers.

• Jasper
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @charlie999,

Our iOS extension does not support Chrome. (They would need to add support for it. There's an open feature request here).

You need to use Safari, or one of the third-party browsers that has added support for the extension (Flow and InBrowser).

With that said, our Safari extension on Mac should be working well for you. If you let us know what trouble you're having, we'd be happy to help.

• Smaugg
    Smaugg
    Community Member
    Options

OK, all the MacOS version bowser extensions work fine, but I don't see any 1Password extension tab in the iOS 8 version of Safari's toolbar which is what I thought was supposed to be available now. Having the 1Password extension tab in the MacOS Safari's toolbar is wonderful but the way things have been done in iOS really is tedious and annoying. I'm still using 10.9.5 on the Mac but I am using iOS 8.1 on my iPad 4.

• Ben
    Options

If you aren't seeing the Safari extension please see this guide:

http://blog.agilebits.com/2014/09/17/1password-5-ios-how-to-enable-the-extension-safari-apps/

This discussion has been closed.