"New Version of Safari found" error message

Options
alvinhr
alvinhr
Community Member

Running Yosemite and 1Password 5. When 1Password starts, I get a box telling me that "1Password 3.5.3 does not support Safari 8.0 (build #10600.1.25). Please open 1Password and use the 1Password>check For Updates menu item to see it there is an update available. ..." I do not have version 3.5.3 on my computer. How do I get rid of this message concerning Safari 8?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alvinhr,

It sounds to me like you might have an old version of the extension hanging around. Please look in Safari's Preferences under the Extensions pane - do you see multiple copies of the 1Password extension?

• alvinhr
    alvinhr
    Community Member
    Options

I see only one extension in the ~library/Safari folder. Creation date 10/20/2014

• Hi @alvinhr,

You might have an old plugin running for Safari, check ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/, is there a 1passwd plugin there?

If not, the quickest way to figure this out is to send us your diagnostic report to support+forum@agilebits.com with a link to this thread, please include your forum username as well.

Let me know when you send the report, so I can look into it.

Thanks!

• alvinhr
    alvinhr
    Community Member
    Options

MikeT,
    No Password plugin in either the home or root level Library folders. I will send the report requested shortly

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alvinhr‌ is there more than one user of this machine, is it possible they have an old extension running? I seem to vaguely remember that could be the case given the extension communicates via sockets. If not then do send in that diagnostic report so MikeT can sort you out :smile:

• alvinhr
    alvinhr
    Community Member
    Options

I am the only user. Did you get the report?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry @alvinhr‌ I was searching for your email address and it was sent from a different one, my apologies (and why @MikeT suggestion of the username and forum URL was a good one). Your report has been received.

ref: XNT-93339-724

• alvinhr
    alvinhr
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Littlebobbytables, I sent my files as requested, but still have not heard back for any proposed solutions. I still am getting this ridiculous window appearing on my Mac ALL THE TIME. Really annoying

• Hi @alvinhr,

Sorry for the delay!

I just took a look at your diagnostic report — could you please give this a try:

• Open Finder and under the Go menu select: Go to Folder…

• Enter this text and click Go: ~/Library/LaunchAgents

• From the Finder window that opens, delete this file: ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist

• Select Go > Go to Folder… again and enter: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password

• From the Finder window, delete this folder: Agent

• Empty Trash and restart your Mac.

Please let me know whether or not that fixes the issue.

• ibuck
    ibuck
    Community Member
    Options

I had this problem too. And Jasper P's solution of 14Nov2014 worked for me. Thanks !

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ibuck‌

I'm glad to hear JasperP's suggestion worked for you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.