Sharing 1Password data between iCloud accounts

Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Sync Multiple Macs and iOS Devices.

Comments

• cowrev
    cowrev
    Community Member

My wife and I have multiple Macs and IOS devices. We also have two different iCloud accounts. I thought that the new Family iCloud would handle this. Apparently it doesn't. How do I sync in iCloud Drive with two accounts? Or do we have to choose one? But if we do that, does that mean that that one account has to always be running on all the Macs and devices? I'd rather not use Dropbox. Perhaps Wi-Fi is my only other option.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cowrev,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble keeping things synced up.

Unfortunately, Apple's new Family Sharing doesn't provide for sharing iCloud data between multiple AppleIDs. If you would like to share your 1Password data using iCloud, all users will need to be signed in to iCloud with the same AppleID.

Dropbox would make your life a lot simpler here, as you can easily share a folder between multiple Dropbox accounts. However, if you'd rather not use Dropbox, Wi-Fi is your best bet.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.