Website download iCloud support [Resolved]

Options
artiss
artiss
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Hello,

I am sure this has been asked many times already, but I am having a hard time locating my answer (visually impaired). I have been using 1P for many years now on all my devices (iPhone, iPad, and iMac). I recently upgraded all my devices to either iOS 8.1 or OS X Yosemite.

From what I understand, the web store version of 1P doesn't support iCloud Sync at this time, but the AppleStore version does.

I found the website about (migrating from the web store version to the apple store version)[https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/5/en/topic/switching-to-mas]. But it makes it sound like I need to repurchase the app in order for this to work - do I then get a credit? Or am I just purchasing the new version for the convenience of cloud sync?

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi @artiss,

I do apologize for the confusion, a lot of things have changed in the last week and our answers have changed based as we work through the process here.

1. The iCloud sync technology we use (meaning it is not the same as iCloud Drive) will not work in the website version of 1Password 5 for Mac anymore, it is a requirement of the Mac App Store, and only the 1Password at the Mac App Store can use this on Yosemite.
    2. You can definitely still use a cloud sync but not with iCloud, there's the Dropbox service that will work within the website version as well as the local Wi-Fi sync option that will work between 1Password 5 on iOS 8 and Yosemite.
    3. If you haven't bought 1Password 4 or 5 within the last 30 days, we unfortunately have no way to switch you over to the Mac App Store version at no extra cost. We do apologize about this as we were hoping to do this but we ran into limitations that doesn't make this feasible. We've written more details here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/30446/icloud-changes-in-the-website-version-of-1password-5#latest
    4. If you really need the iCloud sync and can't use either Dropbox or Wi-Fi, you will need to purchase 1Password again at the Mac App Store.

Again, we do apologize about this. If you have any remaining questions, please let me know.

• artiss
    artiss
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the detailed reply. Makes more sense now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @artiss,

I'm so glad to hear that Mike was able to help you out.

Since this issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.