Accessing 1Password from a public computer

Matt Roben
Matt Roben
Community Member

Is it possible to access my 1P account from a public computer- if I am for example at a friends house and cannot download the program onto their computer is it possible to login somewhere? I am currently syncing to dropbox. Thank you for any help you may have for me!

Comments

• ankitanks
    ankitanks
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

Yes matt, it is possible only with dropbox syncing method. Have a look at here. https://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-1pa.html

Very detailed tutorial.

• Matt Roben
    Matt Roben
    Community Member

Thanks for the heads up- I realized why I couldn't figure it out, I am consistently getting the error message "problem loading 1password data file". I clicked on the help link and it says that it's likely due to sync not being complete. I can't imagine it would take 12hrs to sync 88 logins.

Any advice for fixing this issue? I have tried canceling sync with Dropbox, syncing with iCloud, canceling iCloud sync and resuming sync with Dropbox, even deleting the whole folder on Dropbox so it would be forced to create a new file system but nothing seems to resolve this error.

Thank you for your help!

• Matt Roben
    Matt Roben
    Community Member

Is it possible that because I have been trying to view this from the iPhone/iPad Dropbox app that this is the reason for the error?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Matt Roben

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1PasswordAnywhere!

Is it possible that because I have been trying to view this from the iPhone/iPad Dropbox app that this is the reason for the error?

Looks like you've found the solution. :) 1PasswordAnywhere is a bit particular. (Please be forgiving, it was written a few years ago and is due for a good update - it's on our list!) In its current incarnation, 1PasswordAnywhere needs to be accessed from a browser, not from the Dropbox app.

Again, I apologize for the confusion - I hope that accessing it from a browser works for you, please let us know if it doesn't!

• Matt Roben
    Matt Roben
    Community Member

Megan- Thank you so much! I wish I had figured this out yesterday before I tried doing all of that other work. I got home on my desktop browser and it worked like a charm, it even worked on my iPhone safari browser.

I was already in love with this program from a couple of days of use and I get the feeling that it is going to revolutionize my online life!!!

• Hi @Matt Roben‌,

On behalf of Megan, you're absolutely welcome.

I was already in love with this program from a couple of days of use and I get the feeling that it is going to revolutionize my online life!!!

We're really glad to hear that. There are many folks who can't remember what Internet was like before 1Password exists. It must have been painful to remember so many different complex passwords. :D

One thing you probably should know, do not use 1PasswordAnywhere on computers you do not trust completely. You probably trust your friends but if it is truly a public computer, you should avoid that. You can see my post here to see why: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/154706/#Comment_154706

This discussion has been closed.