Cannot open my 1Password Icon

Options
Suzanne Couch Bray
Suzanne Couch Bray
Community Member

I have really messed up my attempt to update my 1Password. I think I started with version 3. In the process different updated versions kept popping up in ITunes, so I clicked on the download button. My Icon now has a big ? on it and won't open. I can't blame the poor thing, it has to be having a major identity crisis. Meanwhile I have version 4 listed on the app and a version 5 floating around somewhere in my Mac. It told me it was there. Now the only thing that opens is the one on my toolbar. I did see some directions for uninstalling the older version, which I started to do, but got confused and rabbit trailed with another update I was offered. Any advice would be appreciated. Please keep it simple. I know enough to get myself into trouble and with very clear directions, maybe out again. Thanks!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Suzanne Couch Bray

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password - let's see what we can do to get this straightened out.

First of all, we'll need to confirm a few things:

• What is the version of your operating system? To find this, please click on the Apple menu in the left corner of your menu bar and select 'About this Mac'
    • In your /Applications folder - how many versions of 1Password do you see?

Working for AgileBits means I have a few more copies here than most people should. :) The top '1Password' app is version 5 (see the fancy new icon?) Which icons do you have?

• Which version are you currently using to access your data?
    • Are you syncing your 1Password data to any other computers or devices? If so, which sync are you using?

Once we know which versions you're working with, and where your data is currently living, we'll be able to get this all straightened out.

This discussion has been closed.