Starting over/deleting data

Options
Bob Grace
Bob Grace
Community Member

I am deleting my 1Password 4 data (AgileBits Store version) ahead of migrating to the Mac App Store version and iCloud syncing. All of my data is in iCloud and in syncing to my iOS devices.

I followed the following steps for starting over:
https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/5/en/topic/starting-over

Once that is complete, is it ok to trash those files on the desktop and uninstall 1Password 4? Just want to make sure.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bob Grace

I wouldn't recommend deleting any of your data until you're sure that it is all safe and sound inside the new Mac App Store version. Once you've confirmed that all is well though, you can trash the files on your desktop. Inside that folder, however, is a nice collection of backups from the AgileBits store version. It might not hurt to keep those around, at least until the Mac App Store version has had time to build up its own backup database.

When you're ready to uninstall 1Password 4, please only do so by dragging the app to the Trash - do not use any fancy app cleaners, as they may get slightly overzealous.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

• Bob Grace
    Bob Grace
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bob Grace

Happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.