1Password Mini auto-scroll broken [Known issue, working on a fix]

Options
flightvector
flightvector
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I am running the latest official build of OS X Yosemite and was running 5.0.1. Upon upgrading to 5.0.2, I noticed that 1Password Mini no longer auto scrolls the list of logins. I have a lot of logins, and it was awfully convenient not to have to do the two-finger scroll just to drill down the list. The same behavior seems to exist with the Safari extension (I haven't tested the other ones yet).

Please tell me that somebody else knows what I'm talking about and actually noticed it too.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @flightvector‌

I'll be honest, I never really look at the Login list in 1Password mini - I use the search to find the Login that I want to use, and it gets me the Login I need with a few keystrokes, no need to scroll through a long list!

However, I've checked with some other members of our team, and it turns out this is a known issue. I've added a vote for you to the issue in our internal tracker - we'll do what we can to have this fixed soon! In the meantime, I'd recommend trying the search field to access your Logins - it's quite nice. :)

ref: OPM-2088

• flightvector
    flightvector
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply! I appreciate you adding a vote for me. I definitely agree that search is great, and I do use it pretty often, but sometimes it's nice to just peruse your collection. We also don't want to forget that there are people out there who may have trouble using a keyboard and rely on the mouse or other assistive technologies. One thing I've learned over the years in programming is that you never know what obscure features some of your customers consider truly indispensable for usability.

• BenDaube
    BenDaube
    Community Member
    Options

Since upgrade to Yosemite, in 1P Mini I can’t scroll my list of logins past the screen height :( 1P502007 OS 10.10 on 3 machines.

• Hi @flightvector,

We agree and we always try to make sure our app is accessible to everybody.

In this case, auto-scrolling has always been supported until for some reason, the upgrade to Yosemite killed it. We're trying to figure out if this is a bug in Yosemite or the API has changed in Yosemite. We haven't change the scrolling behavior in 1Password 5, so it's a strange type of surprise when we saw this.

• Hi @BenDaube,

I've merged your thread into this one as it is the same bug. Thanks for reporting the bug and we'll get it fixed as soon as possible. It's an issue started on Yosemite for some reasons and we think the scrolling behavior may have changed in Yosemite or it is a bug.

• sellis247
    sellis247
    Community Member
    Options

Having same problem.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @sellis247‌

As mentioned above we're aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.