iPhone Touch ID whole phone freezing issue

Muddles17
Muddles17
Community Member

I'm running into an issue with 1Password 5 (still happening after the 10/30/14 update). Sometimes when I log in with touch ID, the Touch ID dialog will still be up after the app unlocks. If I tell Touch ID to cancel, it will then sit with a non-interactive (slightly grayed out) 1Password main screen. At this point, I am unable to do anything with 1Password, and I can't use the home button to get out or close the app, so it requires me to restart the phone before I can get back to using it. I'd assume that there is some sort of race condition since it generally happens when I already have my thumb on the sensor before launching the app.

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Muddles17‌

sorry for issues with TouchID you are running into. Which iOS version are you running?
    There was a bug in earlier iOS 8 versions that resulted in what you described but I haven't seen this around since iOS 8.1. Can you confirm you run iOS 8.1?

As a workaround you should be able to use the power button to make the iPhone sleep and after waking it up again the device should react again.

• Muddles17
    Muddles17
    Community Member

I'm currently using 8.1.1, and I'm still seeing some login issues, but they can be somewhat sporadic. Right now, when it happens, I can use the power button as you mention. Here's a new example of a login that doesn't show the touch ID or the keyboard: This one is easily solved by closing and re-opening the app. I'm using this on an iPhone 6+ now.

• Thank you for the additional feedback on this issue, @Muddles17‌!

• pzas03
    pzas03
    Community Member

Hello,

I have the same issue on iPhone 5S, iOS 8.1.1.

Thank you

• There are two different issues regarding Touch ID to my knowledge, and one was our bug, and one is Apple's.

If you are being prompted for the Master Password even after authorizing with Touch ID, that was a bug of ours that we fixed in 5.1.2. If the app was in this state when it updated from 5.1.1, the Touch ID system will need to be reset to fix this.

• Disable Touch ID in 1Password under Settings > Security.
    • Restart the device.
    • Re-enable Touch ID.

5.1.2 should then keep Touch ID from falling into t hat broken state again.

The second issue, which is a problem with Touch ID as a whole, and needs a fix from Apple, is where the Touch ID overlay does not go away in certain circumstances. This happens when you touch the sensor before the Touch ID prompt loads. If you wait for the prompt to load then touch the sensor, it seems to work just fine.

• dsjr2006
    dsjr2006
    Community Member

I'm having multiple issues with Touch-ID. I will try disabling, restarting, and turning it back in I guess. This screenshot is the most irritating one because it won't even let me enter the password. I have to close the app and reopen it to use it.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@dsjr2006 did disabling and reenabling TouchID as described by @chrisdj worked for you?

This discussion has been closed.