Open 1Password only with Touch ID

ronen
ronen
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

Is it possible to open 1Password only with Touch ID ?

Meaning : ANY TIME ...

I don't want to use my MasterPassword at all as I have my Finger instead ...

Thanks

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I'm afraid that's not possible. Your master password will, at the very least, be required after a device restart (or if your Touch ID fails, of course).

Stephen

• Hi folks,

@Stephen_C is correct, it is not possible to use exclusively Touch ID and we have no plans at this point to make that possible.

Thanks!

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

Thanks.

I'm not talking about restart ,
    I want to open 1P with touch ID in iPhone's standby and / or when ON situation ,

• The closest you can get would be to use these settings:

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Thank you !

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

Why can we not have a passcode fallback for when TouchID fails? Which it can, especially if you're sweaty.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2014

Hi @jpartain89‌

If Touch ID is enabled on the device using a PIN is not an option. If Touch ID fails, you will need to enter your Master Password to unlock your data. This is both for (more importantly) security, and also for the simplification of available preferences.

Thanks.

@ronen‌

You are very welcome!

• GanderEd
    GanderEd
    Community Member

This is my first post after just registering and I apologize if I screw up. I have an iPad Air 1 but don't see Touch ID anywhere in settings. Is this only available for iPad Air 2

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

IPad Air version 1 does not have the fingerprint recognition hardware needed to implement Touch ID. I have one of those too, and I wish it were otherwise. My wife has an iPad Air 2, and now I'm jealous! But not enough to move up.

• GanderEd
    GanderEd
    Community Member

Thank you. Kinda thought that was the problem. Wonder if I can give this one to the better half and get a 2 for me...she doesn't know about Touch I'd.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

Hah! We both have iPhone 5ses, and mine knows all about it. To make matters worse, I gave hers to her for her birthday.

Good luck.

• Thanks for the assist, @hawkmoth. I just recently (MacWorld) purchased an iPad Mini v2, and missed out on Touch ID as well. Oh well, next time around. :)

This discussion has been closed.