1Password wishlist

Options
Sk_illed
Sk_illed
Community Member
edited November 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

After only a week or so of use, I am loving 1Password. I've used a competing product for years, but 1password seems to be headed in the right direction and I'm loving the additional functionality it provides.

My main suggestion regarding 1Password centers around using 1Password to store "generic" information. Like if I wanted to store information about the vehicles we have, or maybe if I was creating a list of property I own for insurance purposes. I wish there was a way to make a custom template that would include custom fields, custom icon, that I can specify.

other feature requests:

Password Generator:

• Specify the Special Characters 1password uses to generate passwords from.
  • Option to not put a special character first or last.
  • Generate a password that contains a random number of numbers, symbols, and letters. ie sometimes there might be 3 numbers, sometimes there might be 8 numbers in the generated password.

Field types:

• Phone number (where you can click to dial on ios, skype on pc?).
  • Email address (where you can click to email similar to mailto:).
  • Date field that includes just MM/YYYY (similar to expiry date field used on credit card template).
  • Memo type (includes the large multi-line inputbox used in the secure note category).
  • Website URL type with support for Support for application url schemes(ie chrome://, skype etc).
  • Ability to add the "attachment" section like you would add a custom field.
  • Custom combo-box fields, like the "Type" field on credit card items.

Other:

• Ability to right click on a website formfield and access info stored in 1password.
  • Support for logging in with windows-based fingerprint scanner, or using a UAC prompt to login to the application.
  • Ability to use ios's "open with" menu to add an attachment to a 1password item.
  • Ability to specify a custom icon for Folders.

Thanks for your hard work!

sk

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Like if I wanted to store information about the vehicles we have, or maybe if I was creating a list of property I own for insurance purposes

See this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/124197#Comment_124197
    for previous discussion on using 1Password as an inventory system

other feature requests: * Password Generator: * Specify the Special Characters 1password uses to generate passwords from. * Option to not put a special character first or last. * Generate a password that contains a random number of numbers, symbols, and letters. ie sometimes there might be 3 numbers, sometimes there might be 8 numbers in the generated password

+1. I like.

• Sk_illed
    Sk_illed
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info. Doesn't seem like feature creep to me as they are already allowing you to modify their existing categories with additional sections and creating your own fields with custom labels. While I was transferring all my info from my eWallet app, I found there were a few things that were difficult to categorize using the pre-built categories. I will definitely figure out how I can make it work, as 1Password is clearly a superior product. I'm not really asking to make a whole bunch of pre-built categories that other inventory systems might have, like recipe's, home inventories, cd collections, etc, it just seems like they are mostly done with making a custom items, the next step would be allowing you to save it as a category to base other similar items off of.

sk

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

using a UAC prompt to login to the application

Have you tried this? File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Browsers > Unlock on Secure Desktop

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

the next step would be allowing you to save it as a category to base other similar items off of

Here is something you could try:

1. Create a new "generic account"
    2. Add custom fields
    3. Create a new custom folder named "templates"
    4. Drag your newly created item into the folder named "templates"

Now every time you want to create a new item, please follow these steps:

1. Locate and select your template in the folder named "templates"
    2. Press Ctrl+D (Duplicate)
    3. Drag the newly created duplicate out of the folder named "templates"
This discussion has been closed.