Can I create a vault fore someone else to use, but hide the passwords so they cannot be seen?

Options
greenmillennium
greenmillennium
Community Member

Is there some type of business version were I can setup vaults for my workers, they can use there master password to login into websites at work, but cannot see the password itself. I can change there master password every day after work so they cannot use it out of work.

Do you have a solution?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @greenmillennium‌ Unfortunately 1Password isn't capable of what you're looking for. Anybody that has access to a vault can edit it and view the passwords. My take on this is while I can understand where you're coming from, if whatever password manager you are using is submitting a username and password to a web browser then there ways and means to retrieve those login details. I've done exactly this when I'd forgotten a password I had stored in Opera. All it took was five minutes googling to find a javascript snippet that you save as a bookmark and the browser was willing to give up whatever was currently sitting in the password field.

Given this, and assuming it works cross browsers (I had no need to try at the time) then a product that says you can't view the password may lead you to a false sense of security. What is probably more secure is a unique set of login details for each staff member so that even if they access something it is auditable.

This discussion has been closed.