1Password for Mac v5.0.2 brings even more display and editing problems

ZamboniMan
ZamboniMan
Community Member

1Password
Version 5.0.2 (502006)
Mac App Store
OS X Yosemite 10.10

The list of categories has a bunch of blank spaces which still function but the text is not there. For example, Secure Notes is completely blank but clicking on the blank space shows all of the secure notes you have stored. The counter is also missing.

Others, like Memberships is only partially visible because the text is covered by the label above it.

The above two issues could be due to the size of the left column but I can not get that column to resize at all.

The little hide/show options on the left are almost invisible. Please stop using a very light gray text on a white background. This goes for the contents of the secure notes which are now impossible to read at all on the Mac forcing me to only edit on the iPad and pray that the WiFi sync doesn't screw everything up. It would also be friendlier if you remembered the hide/show states rather than forcing us to show them every time we restart 1Password.

Editing on the Mac is also still broken. Scroll through a secure note that has about 150 lines and everything is there. Click on Edit, click inside the large text field and as you scroll down by either using the cursor or the trackpad, big blocks of text do not appear. However, copying all of the text to the clipboard and going to Vim, for example, and all of the text is present, it is just not visible or editable in that text field.

The only place that appears to actually be user friendly as far as font size and text color is concerned is the popup menu at the bottom. When you click on the [+], the popup menu has very readable text which is large and dark. Consider how unfriendly it is to have to copy and paste every note you want to read into another application. 1Password is in serious need of better font controls so you're not punishing those of us with eyesight problems.

Is there any news on when something like Markdown formatting will be supported in secure notes?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ZamboniMan‌

Thanks so much for providing this detailed report!

The list of categories has a bunch of blank spaces which still function but the text is not there. For example, Secure Notes is completely blank but clicking on the blank space shows all of the secure notes you have stored. The counter is also missing.

I'm not quite sure what you're seeing here - could you please provide a screenshot?

The little hide/show options on the left are almost invisible. Please stop using a very light gray text on a white background.

I'm sorry that you find the text hard to read, I'll pass this feedback along.

Editing on the Mac is also still broken. Scroll through a secure note that has about 150 lines and everything is there. Click on Edit, click inside the large text field and as you scroll down by either using the cursor or the trackpad, big blocks of text do not appear. However, copying all of the text to the clipboard and going to Vim, for example, and all of the text is present, it is just not visible or editable in that text field.

Our developers are still working to get this issue fixed - I'll be sure to let the developers know that you're keen to see a fix soon!

ref: OPM-2127

Is there any news on when something like Markdown formatting will be supported in secure notes?

We've heard from a lot of users who would like to see more versatility in Secure Notes, unfortunately I don't have an update for you at this time, but I'm happy to add a vote for you to the issue in our internal tracker.

ref: OPM-1578

• ZamboniMan
    ZamboniMan
    Community Member

The good news is after reinstalling I can no longer reproduce the inability to move the vertical divider for resizing the left column and the repainting issue with the categories is no longer there either.

The reinstall did not fix the editing issues but at least I can resize the category column to see which ones are there.

Looking forward to the next update.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

@ZamboniMan‌ I'm glad to hear you've managed to eradicate two of the errors you were experiencing and hopefully our devs can address the other two.

• ZamboniMan
    ZamboniMan
    Community Member

1Password
    Version 5.3 (530029)
    Mac App Store
    Yosemite 10.10.2

The resizing of the first column appears to be fixed in this release. I didn't have to restart it. It also looks like the new version remembers the state of Tags being shown during restarts; a very much appreciated addition given that too much text is still displayed as light gray on a white background making the text virtually invisible.

• Thanks for the update, @ZamboniMan. Glad to hear we're headed in the right direction.

This discussion has been closed.