iCloud woes

zexpe
zexpe
Community Member

As a happy iCloud sync user, I waited until Yosemite came out before I upgrade my iPhone to iOS 8. Since upgrading to Yosemite, iOS 8.1 and the latest 1Passwords for Mac (MAS) and iOS though my iCloud sync has been terribly unreliable.

The symptom is: whenever I unlock 1Password on my phone I see that my last changes from my Mac aren't visible in my iPhone app and that there's the spinning circle thing in my status bar indicating that my iPhone is transferring data. So I go into in the Sync settings in the 1Password app where I see that it is currently "Syncing" and, if I leave that screen open for an hour or more, it still remains in the state of "Syncing" with last Sync as "yesterday". Surely a sync shouldn't take more than an hour I think? So, I switch off syncing in the hope that if I switch it back on again it'll start working again... but then I get the message: "iCloud Drive Not Available", which is surprising because iCloud and iCloud Drive are turned on in my iPhone's settings screen and other apps can use it like Apple's Numbers. So, I turn off iCloud on my iPhone from its settings screen, switch it back on again and then 1Password will happily turn on iCloud syncing again and get the latest changes from my Mac....

...until a day later... when I find myself in the same situation again: essentially every time I want to get changes from my Mac into my iPhone I have to go through the procedure of switching off iCloud syncing in 1Password, switching off iCloud on my iPhone and then switching them both back on again. This is crazy and is driving me nuts. Is this a known problem? Will it be fixed in a future update? Please?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.