Feature Requests: 1Password Logins bookmarklet

Hi,

I've been using 1PW since it was first released. I've enjoyed the great customer service and aggressive development. Thanks AWS!

I also am an avid user of the old Bookmarklets feature that fell out of favor due to less than stellar security. I realize the flaw is present, but like to use it for low-risk sites...I find it easier and faster.

With that in mind, would it be possible to add a background updating feature (similar to Dropbox) to it? I realize it's not being actively developed anymore, but I'm fairly sure from the forums that it's still a popular feature. I often add a new password to 1PW which is subsequently updated to my iPhone/iPad version of 1PW Pro via Dropbox, but it would be REALLY nice if the bookmarklet was updated at the same time. I realize it won't be in my mobile Safari until I sync to iTunes...but that's just one less step I have to remember.

Thanks...and Merry Christmas

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the suggestion, bpwhistler, and thanks for being such a longtime customer! :-)

As you mention, the "1Password Logins" bookmarklet is not the focus of our development at this time, but I have passed along your suggestion to the developers. We do encourage you to consider the more secure "Look Up in 1Password" bookmarklet (which needs no updating since it is literally looking up the current login information in 1Password on your iOS device), but I know that background updating would make the older style bookmarklet much more useful to users who prefer the convenience of staying within Mobile Safari and not switching back and forth at all.

Merry Christmas to you, too!
  • lhagan
    lhagan
    Community Member
    edited December 2010
    Two small requests:

1. Provide an option to change the name of the Logins bookmarklet. To save space on my bookmarks bar, mine is "[ 1P ]" -- I currently have to rename it every time I update the bookmarklet.
    2. Automatic updates, say every time 1Password is opened. It's a pain to have to remember to update manually.

Thanks for making 1Password!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, lhagan! I have merged your post with this thread. Please see above and let me know if you have any additional questions.

I have passed your suggestions along to the developers.
  • lhagan
    lhagan
    Community Member
    Thanks for the reply. I actually didn't know about the lookup in 1Password bookmarklet -- this app has so many features! I'll give it a shot.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Cool. Please let me know how it goes for you. :-)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the bump. We have some great things planned for some upcoming releases that I think will help! :-)
  • Michel Poulain
    edited July 2011
    IDEA: as 1Password already finds and keeps the Bookmarklet in the same position, can it would be great if it can read the bookmarklet's name and keep the same name.

Sometimes I choose un UTF8 symbol, sometimes «1Pswd» depending how much place I've got on my bookmarks bar. This way, it's more easy for we users as we don't need to assign a name and you don't need to change UI interface to add a "choose a Bookmarklet name".
This discussion has been closed.