iTouch sync w/ dropbox & android

djgdroid
djgdroid
Community Member
edited December 2010 in iOS
I hope someone can help me with this issue.
I have started the thread on the android forum but was told after trying several things that I should post it to the 1P4IOS forum. Here is the link to the original post:

http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/1893-getting-my-itouch-date-onto-my-droid/page__pid__17891#entry17891

I have been using 1P for a while on my iTouch and love it. I wanted to be able to view my iTouch linked passwords on my computer (windows 7 64 bit) and my android phone (HTC Droid Incredible). My thought is I need to start over and setup dropbox and 1password on my computer and android phone all over again. I don't want to lose anything (all my 1P passwords) on my iTouch but I know I need to do something different with the iTouch sync to dropbox.

When I do try to "Sync Now", I get the error Dropbox sync failed to download remote encryption keys. Make sure Dropbox is fully synced to your desktop.

I have 1Password Version 3.5.4 on my iTouch

Can someone please help me set this all up new so I have everything sync'ed?
Thank you for any help, and Merry Christmas

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hi djgdroid,

I'm sorry you are having trouble syncing. The process should really be pretty straightforward. We will get this sorted out for you! :-)

Can you tell me where the definitive set of your data resides? It sounds like if you lost everything else, you have all of your data in 1Password on your iPod touch. Is this correct? If so, I would suggest moving all 1Password-related files and folders to a folder on your desktop (waiting for deletion once everything is working well).

Then, after clearing out your Dropbox folder of all 1Password files and folders, please create a new keychain in 1Password for Windows (File > New Keychain) in your Dropbox folder.

The instructions from start to finish can be found in our Dropbox sync guide, but these are the important steps in your particular case.

On your iPod touch, please reset Dropbox syncing (More > Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset).

Once data is syncing well between your 1Password on your iPod touch and Windows, please try setting up syncing on Android. You can easily test syncing by creating and editing a Secure Note on your iPod touch and within 1Password for Windows. Make sure updating an item on either platform shows up on the other. ;-)

Please let me know if you get stuck and where in the process if you do. I would love to get this working for you once and for all. :-)

Merry Christmas to you!
  • djgdroid
    djgdroid
    Community Member
    Khad, thank you so much for helping me with this. I'm going to just go one step at a time with you if that is ok, cuz I think my problem last time was I just went off thinking I know what I was doing and missed a step or two.
    1. Ok, fist of all I'm thinking that you mean "definitive set of your data resides?" is where is my main set of data for 1Password. I have ALL my data for 1Password on my iTouch.
    2. Not sure the correct way to "MOVE all my 1Password-related files and folders (from my iTouch) to a folder on your desktop (waiting for deletion once everything is working well)", Please help me with this before I go on.

Like I mentioned earlier, I probably have everything messed up on my computer and android phone. I had setup my 1password on my computer so I have a folder on my computer C:/user/djg/My Documents/1Password
  • djgdroid
    djgdroid
    Community Member
    oops, I think miss understood. I was thinking you said to move my 1P files from my iTouch to my computer. I have moved my 1Password files from my computer to my desktop (for backup). I'll go thru the next item you listed. Sorry about the confusion
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    My apologies for not being clearer. On your Windows machine, please move all the 1Password files and folders from within your Dropbox folder to a "backup" folder on your desktop. Then you can simply start from scratch in 1Password for Windows (File > New Keychain) and make sure that syncing is working between your iPod touch and PC before moving on to Android. I like your style. One step at a time. :-)
  • djgdroid
    djgdroid
    Community Member
    khad,
    I found one issue with dropbox and had to reset it up on my computer. I think I've got everything the way you said up to this part:
    On your iPod touch, please reset Dropbox syncing (More > Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset)

I'm on my iTouch but I don't see a MORE option anywhere. Down at the bottom of my iTouch are 5 options (Logins, Accounts, Wallet, Add, Settings). If I choose this settings > Sync > Dropbox > It's at this point that the only option I'm given is "Dropbox Sync" and when I try and move the slider from OFF to ON, it won't stay at the ON option, it keeps sliding back to the OFF. Am I at the wrong place?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Right place, but wrong behavior. :-(

It sounds like you need to try restarting your iPod touch by holding down the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

If you are still seeing the same behavior when attempting to enable Dropbox syncing even after the device restart, please reinstall 1Password on your iPod touch after backing up up your data.

If you are still using the same iTunes account that you used to purchase the app originally, you will be able to re-download the current version for free. Unfortunately, it won't look like it's free until you choose to "buy" it and enter your password. You don't have to take our word for it though. Here is Apple's official support document:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

Another thing you can do to make sure that you won't have to pay for the app again is to try adding it to your Wish List in iTunes. If you already own the app, iTunes will tell you, "You have already purchased this item" and that you cannot add it to your Wish List.

Please let me know how it goes.
  • djgdroid
    djgdroid
    Community Member
    Khad,
    Restarting the iTouch worked and 1P has synced with dropbox and my computer 1P is working. I haven't done the android phone yet but I was so excited that I needed to write you and thank you for your help. What a Christmas present, thank you again very much for your help. This really is one of the most ingenious apps out there and I've got it up and running, thanks to you!!!
    Merry Christmas
    Djgdroid
This discussion has been closed.