Override default browser for certain passwords

Hope this is in the right place, I am new here.

A feature request:

When you click on a link in 1Password it opens with the system default browser. I would like to be able to choose which browser opens for each entry.

So, by default, 1password will use the default browser. (Chrome in my case)
If I however want to use for example sake, Youtube in Explore, I can set that one entry to use IE rather than Chrome.

Hope that makes sense.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

There's no permanent setting for each Login item, but you can right-click on any listed Login item and specify the browser in which you want to "go & fill" at that moment.

I'll add your request to the list of requested features.

Thank you for letting us know it would be useful to you!

• Trailerman
    Trailerman
    Community Member

Hi there at AgileBits,

I just got the same problem: only one specific link needs to be opened in CHROME, but my default browser is still Safari. Please keep me informed, when this feature will be integrated in a new release. Thanks!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Trailerman I doubt we will implement this setting, because I'm trying to keep the number of settings down. If we add a setting for everything, then the app will eventually be un-usable.

That being said, here's a workaround you might appreciate.

1. Open 1Password
    2. Unlock
    3. Locate your Login item
    4. Right-click on your Login item
    5. A popup menu appears. Hover your mouse over: Open In >

From here, you can pick a non-default browser to open your Login item in.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

As noted above:

There's no permanent setting for each Login item, but you can right-click on any listed Login item and specify the browser in which you want to "go & fill" at that moment.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@DBrown, @svondutch

There's no permanent setting for each Login item, but you can right-click on any listed Login item and specify the browser in which you want to "go & fill" at that moment.****

I have said this before but will reiterate here; this is not ideal because it requires the user to remember which browser each login requires.

• It also adds not to be ignored amount of complexity to the entire process.

This discussion has been closed.