Login capture associating with email instead of username

When doing login captures when setting up a new account, sometimes 1Password seems to associate the username with the email instead of the user name. And then of course when you try to login the next time it won't work because it uses the email address instead of username in the username field. For example, this happened when I set up my Agile Forums account. I was able to correct it by editing the 1Password login record, but this was a bit cumbersome.

Is this some kind of bug? Or is there something I need to do differently to get this working better?

Note that the specific example I gave with Agile's forum occurred when using Google Chrome, so I guess it's possible that it's a bug with the Chrome adapter, while this would have worked better had I done it in Firefox or IE. In general the Chrome extension has fewer features and is less polished than the Firefox add on, so perhaps the Chrome version will eventually catch up to the Firefox version.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2010
    Given the millions of web pages coded by thousands of developers to (at least) hundreds of "standards", it's inevitable that some login pages are going to give 1Password a hard time.

If you can tell us specific web sites, we can try to improve its ability to detect the correct fields for usernames and passwords for those sites.

Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.