How do you store Knox vaults in 1Password

Hi,

I just purchased Knox, set up some vaults and stored the passwords in 1Password. I was not able to found a special option to create an entry for a Knox vault, so i used Generic Account. What do you use in 1Password? Is there any better way to store passwords for Knox vaults in 1Password?

Regards

Comments

• Soloo
    Soloo
    Community Member
    HI Stu,

Thank you for your reply. So i will wait and see what happens. Currently i generate the password in Knox and copied it to 1Password.

Thanks and enjoy Christmas.
    Soloo
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    On behalf of Stu, myself, and all of us here at Agile, we send warmest holiday wishes!
  • Chris1234
    Chris1234
    Community Member
    edited February 2011
    stu wrote:
    As you may know, Knox is a recent acquisition for us and we have not yet provided 1Password support for it.

Hi Stu,

I purchased Knox 2.0.1 from 1Password on 2010/05/26, and have been waiting patiently for Agile to integrate it into 1Password. So it's not that recent.

Will we get support for Knox/1P and will it be integrated in 1P within say a year of acquisition? - hardly a demanding timetable. But this means before the end of May this year 2010, which is just three short months away...

We all look forward to your response.

warm regards,

Cris
  • Hi Chris,

We do not have any timetables for any of our products including the integration with Knox and 1Password that we can share with you. The developers are working overtime on all of the products but we do not have any timeframe on this specific feature. I’m sorry that I can’t give you any more specific information than this.

What I can say is that some of us on the team are waiting for this along with you and some of us would agree that it’s one of the best features that could come out with the acquisition.

I know it seems like that we’re not doing anything and we are aware of this perspective from our customers but we are working on this.
  • Chris1234
    Chris1234
    Community Member
    MikeT wrote:
    I know it seems like that we’re not doing anything

Yes indeed, Mike, to most Knox customers it does seem true that Agile are not doing anything.

I purchased and downloaded Knox v2.0.1 last May and that version is dated 2010/05/25. And I've been looking forward to the next enhancement of Knox very patiently.

Are Agile planning to be as diligent about enhancing Knox as they are about 1Password? if so, when might the next release, the next enhancement, the next ... anything... to Knox/1P be? How about a support forum for Knox?

More than a year's wait would rapidly get to the unreasonable end of the spectrum. Yet a wait when nothing has happened for more than a year starts on May 25th! That's less than three short months away...
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hello Cris,

Thanks for following up on this.

Are Agile planning to be as diligent about enhancing Knox as they are about 1Password?

1Password is our flagship application and is offered on Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and now Windows Phone 7. It certainly takes the bulk of our developer resources due to its cross-platform nature alone. That said, we have some exciting things we are working on for Knox.

if so, when might the next release, the next enhancement, the next ... anything... to Knox/1P be?

Unfortunately, we don't normally comment on future ships dates. If you are a 1Password user, though, we do hope that you have been able to enjoy some of the hard work we have put into expanding 1Password support to three additional platforms, adding Dropbox sync, adding support for Google Chrome, among other major developments recently. Knox integration is on the list, but there was a much greater push for some of the other features and they ended up taking precedence at the time. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you in this regard right now.

How about a support forum for Knox?

We do have a Knox forum within these very pages. I'd love to see you in there.
This discussion has been closed.