MacBook Air, iPhone 5S syncing with same master password, Not iPad???

Options
schklar
schklar
Community Member

Using Yosemite, iOS 8 all latest versions and 1Password 5.0.2 (Apple Store)

So why when I try to set up iPad Air 2 with Existing Vault will my Master Password not work.

In iPad setup I said "existing", "iCloud" and it responds with "found iCloud Data, merge?" I say ok and enter master password I am using on Mackbook and iPhone but it is rejected. I have been through all the trouble shooting steps :( and no luck.

I did change my master password at first but the change works on two devices, not the iPad. Intact the "hint" on the iPad is different from that on the other devices.

Any ideas how I may have corrupted something on iPad? Deleting the App and reinstalling does nothing to change this!

Sent email to support and they say maybe in three days they will respond :(

I want to drive over to the home office and have a word about all the "nice" talk in their guides saying "we are here", etc., etc.,

Comments

• Good morning @schklar, and sorry for the trouble you're having syncing 1Password via iCloud. There is currently a bug in our iCloud sync that doesn't properly send the Master Password to all devices. Can you use your old Master Password on your iPad to finish setting up sync? Once you do you can go to Settings > Security > Change Master Password on your iPad and change it to match. This is one option, but if that doesn't work there are others.

I also apologize for the long wait times via email support. We're currently being inundated with support requests due to the release of 1Password 5 for Mac and iOS. We're doing our best to catch up and hope to get back to our usual speedy response times as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

• schklar
    schklar
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I have resolved that issue by reading through more info available in the Knowledgebase.
    What I do not understand is may I have different Master Passwords on each device or can I use the same one?

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @schklar‌

great to hear this is solved.

There is only one Master Password and that is the Master Password you will use for a vault on every device. If you change the Master Password on one device the change will be synced to all other devices using this vault. However as @MrRooni‌ said: we currently have a bug in 1Password where the Master Password change doesn't sync properly when using iCloud sync.

This discussion has been closed.