iOS Extension - won't fill on iPad/iPhone but works on Mac

Options
Rainman_Noodles
Rainman_Noodles
Community Member

I've found a specific site whose login form works on the Mac, but does not fill from the iOS Safari extension. The site is https://fimfiction.net if anyone wants to test. I deleted the login, created it again on the Mac, synced it, and tried logging in again on iOS, and it failed again. It simply does not fill in the credentials.

Additionally, is there a standard way to submit sites that don't work? Otherwise, posting on the forums each time a site doesn't work seems like it might be excessive

Comments

• Oneilkeys
    Oneilkeys
    Community Member
    Options

I found a similar problem with the Capitolone credit card website, except it seems to work fine with my IPhone6 but will not fill in the username or password on the iPad.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rainman_Noodles,

I took a look at that site, and the problem is that the login fields are contained inside a frame. Unfortunately 1Password cannot fill data into fields inside frames on iOS (my understanding is that this is currently a limitation of iOS in general). To log into that site, you would need to copy and paste your login credentials from 1Password.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that!

Hi @Oneilkeys,

Can you please let us know the exact URL you're using to log into that site? Also, are you trying to use the 1Password extension in Safari, or are you opening the site from the built-in browser in 1Password (1Browser)? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.