FirefoxDeveloperEdition is currently unsupported [Known issue, working on a fix]

Options

Comments

• François Lavigne
    François Lavigne
    Community Member
    Options

Same here

• François Lavigne
    François Lavigne
    Community Member
    Options

Bump

• Ben
    Options

Hi François,

Please don't bump threads. :)

We're just released Firefox 4.2.5 JSE. Please give this version of the extension a try and see if that improves anything.

Ben

• teamnoir
    teamnoir
    Community Member
    Options

This is firefoxaurora. It worked yesterday, but not today.

"FirefoxDeveloperEdition is connected but its code signature could not be verified. Filling and other features are disabled until this configuration issue is resolved."

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi everyone,

Our developers are working to find a solution to this issue just as soon as possible. If you're currently beta testing 1Password for Mac, the latest version should have improvements here. In particular, disabling the 'Verify browser code signature' should allow you to fill in the Firefox Developer Edition, using the latest version of the 1Password extension (as Ben suggests above). Clearly this isn't the final solution, but this should give you filling functionality while we look for a better solution.

It is important to remember though, that the Firefox Developer Edition is a beta. While we do our best to be compatible with beta versions of browsers, because things can change quite quickly in these versions, it can be a bit tricky to find our way. So officially, we recommend using the stable version of your browser whenever possible.

That being said, we'll do what we can to resolve this! Thanks for your patience. :)

• FF 35.0a2 (2014-11-12)
    1P 4.4.3

How can we get this going?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @theMikeD‌

I've merged your thread with another on the same topic. Please see above.

• sammarks15
    sammarks15
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that the latest beta build of 1Password with the latest beta build of the Firefox Extension solves the problem for me (it was finicky until I restarted Firefox and 1Password).

Thanks for the hard work guys!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update!

• ugrandolini
    ugrandolini
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

just installed Firefox Developer but without 1Password I am not able to use it... am I 1Passowrd dependent? 8-0

this page:
    https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions/firefox?beta=false

gets 4.2.4, and the 4.2.5b1 does not seem to work.

Anyways, where can we get version 4.2.5?

this page does not allow the download:
    https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4

:-(

Thanks!

• ugrandolini
    ugrandolini
    Community Member
    Options

ok, copied from my "regular" Firefox profile in:
    ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles

but the usual shortcut [COMMAND][] gets the following warning:

Cannot Fill Item in FirefoxDeveloperEdition
    FirefoxDeveloperEdition is connected but its code signature could not be verified. Filling and other features are disabled until this configuration issue is resolved.

I do not like to disable the Code Signature Validation, so let's wait for a working version.

Anyways Thanks a lot for this great software AgileBits: you rocks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ugrandolini‌

I don't blame you for wanting to leave the code signature validation on - it's a handy feature! Firefox Developer Edition is as new to us as it is to you, and our developers are doing their best to find a solution here. :)

Thanks for your patience, and your kind words!

• Lane
    Lane
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• teamnoir
    teamnoir
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm, that for me the combination of the Firefox Dev Edition 35.0a2 (2014-11-15) and 1Password Version 5.1.BETA-4 (510004) is working - and that's without disabling the code sign check :)

Thanks AgileBits for the fast response to that issue!

• Markus Zeller
    Markus Zeller
    Community Member
    Options

Please support the FF Developer Edition as the "normal" FF works fine. See here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/developer/
    Many thanks in advance!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

See this post. If you don't want to, or can't (because you're using the Mac App Store version of 1P, for example), use the beta version just be happy knowing it's on the way. :)

Stephen

• Markus Zeller
    Markus Zeller
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Stephen.

In fact I am currently using the AppStore version. I'll give the special build a try.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Do be careful if you're trying to run two separate versions of 1P—especially if you're on Yosemite. This knowledge base article will help you if you want to move from the MAS version to the beta version (although remember you're going to lose iCloud sync if you do that). You'll need to refer to this other knowledge base article if you want to move back again.

Be especially careful if you're running Yosemite—which gets horribly confused if there's more than one version of 1P on any disk attached to your machine.

Stephen

• ugrandolini
    ugrandolini
    Community Member
    Options

@dennisreimann where can we get version 5.1.BETA-4 ?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@ugrandolini‌ did you buy 1Password from the Mac App Store or directly from AgileBits? You can run the beta even if you're running the Mac App Store version but migration to (and from) it is a little more complicated. See my post here for some links to guidance.

If you are running the AgileBits store version it's as simple as going to 1P > Preferences > Updates and checking Include beta builds (and then checking for updates, of course).

Stephen

• ugrandolini
    ugrandolini
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen I'm running the AgileBits store version but after reading your post #50 I better like to wait for the official version. At the end of the day I survived without FFDEV until now and I think I can do without it for the time you need to fix the code!
    Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

You're welcome, @ugrandolini, on behalf of @Stephen_C.

As his latest reply mentions, it's simple to install the beta version when already using the AgileBits store version – they share the same 1Password database. But if you're satisfied waiting for the next non-beta that cooperates with Firefox Developer Edition then that's of course okay, too. :)

• dglancy
    dglancy
    Community Member
    Options

1password is not working with the new Firefox Developer Edition browser. Strangely, even when turning off "verify browser code sig" in the advanced settings, the error dialog still displays and passwords are not pushed into the web fields.

Any ideas?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dglancy‌

I've merged your thread with an existing one we have. As you can see there isn't a lot you can do at the moment unless you want to try out the 1Password beta and 1Password extension beta to go along with the browser beta. That's a lot of betas.

Hopefully the next release will bring more compatibility.

• Alberto200
    Alberto200
    Community Member
    Options

Hello agile bits I am a student and a 1Password addict with all the logins the school gives me i found the right app for the job i recently downloaded firefox developer edition (i am not a developer) but the code signature error message appeared. I disabled the code verification option and enabled betas in the extensions page but still the same. Any suggestions? If you can't find an answer no problem i can live without firefox but i can't live without 1password thanks for everything

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Alberto200‌ it's not only the beta extension you need but also the 1P5.1 beta. A word of warning...if you downloaded 1P5 from the Mac App Store running the AgileBits beta is a little complicated, although not impossible. If your copy of 1P5 is from the Mac App Store it may be better to wait for the release version of 1P5.1. Post again if you need more advice.

Stephen

• Alberto200
    Alberto200
    Community Member
    Options

ok thanks steven i will wait for 1P5.1

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Alberto200‌

Thanks so much for your patience! We'll do what we can to get that release version out to you all soon. :)

• Alberto200
    Alberto200
    Community Member
    Options

I resolved the issue because i don't know why with the latest FirefoxDeveloperEdition update fill in passwords works. Problem resolved!

This discussion has been closed.