FirefoxDeveloperEdition is currently unsupported [Known issue, working on a fix]

Options
13»

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Alberto200‌ Are you saying you have Login filling working in FirefoxDeveloperEdition?

• Smith John
    Smith John
    Community Member
    Options

I use Mac 10.10.1, Firefox Developer Edition 36.0a2, 1Password 5.0.2 and FF addon 4.2.5. But it not work. When I use 1Password normally? I really like this program and buy it today. I'm very tired to copy pw from 1Password. I want to use autofill.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Smith John‌ I don't have an ETA I'm afraid but we are aware of it. What I can say is the standard Firefox does work if there isn't a specific need for the FirefoxDeveloperEdition (until we get the two playing nicely).

• aholtz
    aholtz
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to post my results:

Browser: 36.0a2 (2014-12-17) Developer
    1Password: Version 5.0.2 (502006) Mac App Store
    FF Add-on: 4.2.5b1

As others have stated no matter what state I put the "Verify code signature" option in I cannot auto-fill without the error popping up.

However, if I download the latest beta for the non-App store version (Version 5.1.BETA-18 (510018)), it DOES work. Obviously the standalone version doesn't have the same passwords saved as the App-Store one but it proves the changes in your beta worked.

Is there an App store version beta of any kind available? I'd rather not switch to the standalone as I use the iCloud sync feature all the time.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Is there an App store version beta of any kind available?

Sorry the only Mac betas available are those from the AgileBits Store.

Stephen

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    Options

Should this be working or is support for FFdev not planned?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

@LosInvalidos: Sorry for the trouble! While we don't officially support pre-release versions of other folks' software (OS, browser, etc.), we do our best to resolve issues as they arise -- but again this is highly dependent on things working as intended in the browser itself.

If you're having a specific issue, please let us know, as we might be able to help! :)

• evoactivity
    evoactivity
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: I wouldn't classify Firefox developer edition as a pre-release version, it's targeted towards web developers and as such comes with extra development features. Just need to have the add-on signed by mozilla and it will be fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015
    Options

I wouldn't classify Firefox developer edition as a pre-release version

@evoactivity: Perhaps not, but the developers at Mozilla do.

Maybe we're getting hung up on semantics. "Prerelease" refers to any non-final version of a software product. So, given that Firefox Dev (v42) is, in fact, pre-beta, Beta (v41) is pre-stable, and Stable (v40) is, well...the final, stable release; Dev is also, simply as a result of the testing process, pre-release, as it will make its way down to the Beta channel before it eventually reaches Stable.

And note that the beta 1Password extension has already been approved and signed by Mozilla, so you can install it now if you like. Cheers! :)

• daemon7
    daemon7
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @brenty I've been waiting to have this available on FF42 :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@daemon7: You're most welcome! And just to clarify for anyone in the future, both our beta and stable Firefox extensions are now signed. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.