OSX 10.10, 1Password Version 3.8.20 (build 31499) Won't Auto Update (Extraction Error)

"An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again."

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bizzobb,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble updating 1Password 3. Please try downloading a fresh copy from our website: downloads page (Just scroll to the bottom for the Legacy versions.)

(Just to confirm, 1Password will not auto-update from version 3 to version 5, the version you'll get from the Legacy downloads section is v3.8.22.)

• jeffaxup
    jeffaxup
    Community Member

I got the same error when trying to upgrade to 3.8. Clearly there is a bug.
    Downloading from the downloads page worked, installation worked.
    Now I need to reinstall my browser extensions because it isn't showing up in Safari.
    The browser plugins page says nothing about support for Yosemite (it should).
    https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html
    Please tell me that I don't need to purchase the new version of 1Password just to use a browser plugin.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jeffaxup‌

1Password 3, including the browser extensions, should work just fine in Yosemite. We have not tested 1Password 3 extensively in Yosemite, so I can't promise there won't be a few glitches (for one, we know that import will need a bit of help as the language the import script was written in has been updated since version 3 was released) but you certainly don't need to upgrade if you don't want to.

I do want to mention though, that 1Password 5 was designed for Yosemite, so not only does it match the sleek new design, but it is written to work seamlessly with Yosemite's new features.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.