Weird suggestion. Keyhole icon.

Options
TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member

Whenever I open 1P on the phone I see the keyhole icon. I have to wait a bit, and then it moves up. Since the very first time I opened the app I've always felt compelled to tap the keyhole. I sometimes still do it hoping it will open the password box quicker. So what if you had to tap the keyhole to open it? My hand almost does it anyway.

Comments

• Hi @TomWolsky,

Are you using Touch ID? This happens when iOS's service for managing Touch ID crashes in the background, causing 1Password to freeze a bit waiting for a response from iOS.

Do you notice the app requests the master password more than it should?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Not using Touch ID. It's not a long hold, about five seconds. It might be slightly longer than it used to be, a second or two. Not getting multiple master password requests.

• MikeT
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @TomWolsky,

It shouldn't even take a millisecond, we're not doing much when opening 1Password. It should pop up, start moving, and give you the PIN or password field. That's why I'm asking questions about this, you shouldn't have the need to tap on the keyhole as it should be ready for you to unlock right away.

Can you tell me which iPhone you're using? Also, how are you opening 1Password? Sometime there's a delay from swiping with four fingers that doesn't happen if you go to the home screen first to open 1Password.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

iPhone 5 on iOS 8.1. I'm tapping the app on my home screen. Here's a little movie of what I see http://fcpxbook.com/Launch1P.mov. This is pretty much what I get. There might be a very slight delay because of the movie recording, but the time frame is about right. Looking at it again, it is a little longer than previous versions, but not really very much more than I've been seeing since I first started to use 1P.

• Hi @TomWolsky,

That's definitely taking too long, even on iPhone 5. I've talked to our iOS lead dev and he also agreed it is definitely too long and he is going to look into improving the speed of the launch.

I've saved your video and attached it to a new bug report. We'll get that fixed as soon as possible.

Improvement ID #: OPI-1945

One thing we notice is that your keyhole icon is glitchy and I was able to reproduce it when I turned on Bold Text in accessibility. I've also filed a bug report on that.

Bug ID #: OPI-1944

Thanks for hanging in there with us and for letting us know about the experience you're having, it resulted into two new bug reports that we will investigate to improve the overall experience.

This discussion has been closed.