Autofill Issues with Fidelity.com and Schwabplan.com

Options
keithodland
keithodland
Community Member

I am using 1Password, Version 5.0.2 (502006). When I try to use the Safari extension autofill feature on the fidelity.com website, it auto populates but I always get an invalid login error. When I manually type in the user name and password using the fields from 1Password, I can login OK. On the Schwab account, the password is auto-filled correctly but the user name is always left blank. I am a new user but could use some advice.

Comments

• Hi @keithodland‌,

Is this on the Mac? I'm asking because this is the iOS forum and we do have an extension for Mobile Safari on iOS 8, so I'd like to first figure out where your issue is.

• keithodland
    keithodland
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, sorry. Yes, this is on a Mac running iOS 10.10 and Safari 8.0 using the 1Password plug-in.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @keithodland‌

Please try manually saving the logins in question:

Then try disabling auto-submit for those items but editing them and selecting "never submit" for the "submit" option.

Thanks!

• keithodland
    keithodland
    Community Member
    Options

Hi bwoodruff: I have tried the manual save option and disabling auto-submit but am still not able to use this with fidelity.com or charles schwab. In the case of Charles Schwab, it never populates my user name but my password is populated successfully. In the case of Fidelity, it auto populates both username and password but regardless if I use auto login or if I manually click the login button on the web page I get a login error. Only if I manually type in the username and password onto the page (same data that is stored in 1Password) am I able to login. Weird.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @keithodland‌

For Charles Schwab try the following, in this precise order:

1. Fill in your Login ID and Password and follow the steps for Saving a Login Manually
    2. Open up 1Password and edit the Login item created.
    3. Add your username to the entry as you will notice it is missing.
    4. Click on Show web form details and using the drop down menus at the end of each row, change the first row to the silhouette of the person. This will create a third
    5. Change the second row to the key icon.
    6. Correct the stored password in the visible section of the entry, you should find it is currently storing your username.
    7. Save.

I believe after following those steps that site should work. I apologise that it's a bit convoluted, it took a good few attempts to get it working for me but all I've done is test filling as I don't have an account there.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

As for Fidelity, I think this post may throw some light onto your situation. It might be worth editing your Fidelity Login item and checking the username it has stored. You may find something that site is doing has caught 1Password off guard, the potential good news is the post also said that if you correct the username the Login item should work for filling in.

Let us know if these two solutions help at all.

• keithodland
    keithodland
    Community Member
    Options

Hi littlebobbytales:

Thanks for the help with Schwab. I was able to get it to auto-fill username and password correctly but did have to disable the auto-login feature in order for it to work. With the auto login enabled, both fields populated but then returned a page with both fields blank (not able to login). However with the auto login feature disabled, I can manually click login on the web form and get in OK. Thanks. I will tackle the Fidelity page next.

• keithodland
    keithodland
    Community Member
    Options

Your work around on Fidelity was dead on. I am sorry I missed that. Thank you again for the help. Nice one.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @keithodland‌

Glad to hear you managed to bend both sites to work with 1Password even if Schwab does require an extra mouse click/key press afterwards.

As for the Fidelity solution, what can I say? :stuck_out_tongue: one of the advantages of spending so much time in these forums is you build up quite a peripheral memory of what you've seen. Searching for a particular site usually yields good results if it's related to finance because those sites are just generally awkward.

This discussion has been closed.