Slow scripts in FF & IE

I've got 1PW/Windows (licensed) installed at Fed Govt. workplace (as non-supported, possibly verboten software, especially because I'm also using Dropbox)*. I use an internally developed mess of a web app to edit data forms (HTML, via browser) submitted by survey respondents, print them, and submit a converted version to a legacy mainframe (M204) via secure FTP (Rocketsoftware BlueZone). When I use Opera or Chrome, everything is essentially instantaneous. But, since I installed 1PW Beta Windows, FF & IE, there is a 20 to 30 second delay in a process that runs after editing but before printing (initiated by clicking "Review before submission") that strips all unused data cells and formats for printing, and sometimes the delay exceeds 30 seconds, 60 seconds, and at 90 or so, I receive a "waiting for script to finish (etc.)" dialogue box in which 1PW is identified as the script in question. The process in question runs on the local server side, not on my client, I THINK because there is a "waiting for server" message in the status bar.

Since you don't have internal access to the program, I have no idea if this report is helpful to you. It's interesting that Chrome doesn't experience the delay.

Here's the url for the outside respondents -- but they can't connect to the server that runs the scripts, so I don't imagine you can see what you need in the source code. https://miforms.er.usgs.gov/ The source of the page I use is in an attachment (scmiforms.txt) from a different account**. Good luck.

*That's why I can't use the bug reporting option in the software -- the connection to Notes email client fails.)
**non-https uploads blocked.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2010
    kolonelpanik, without the attachment to look at or a valid account with which to log in (and the warnings on that login page definitely discourage experimentation! :blink: ) I'm not sure how to observe and analyze the behavior you're describing.

I'll ask the developer whether he has any ideas.

Thanks for your patience.
This discussion has been closed.