Login filling problem for Shopify Admin

Options
Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
edited November 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Shopify Admin Login Works On MacBook Air But Not On Iphone.

Comments

• dmk
    dmk
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue but on my Mac. It's filling in a hidden field which prompts the error. The input element has the attributes name="openid_url" id="openid-input" placeholder="Email", the last of which I speculate is the source of misidentification. I tinkered with the All Fields area but I can't get it to do anything.

I am running 1Password v3.8.22.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dmk, I moved your message to the 1Password 3 for Mac forums, since you're not having this problem on iOS.

To make sure we understand, are you having this issue with Shopify? If not, what site is having trouble?

Also, are you getting the same "Sorry, the OpenID server couldn't be found" error message that was reported by the OP in the previous discussion?

Thanks!

• dmk
    dmk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Drew_AG, sorry for the off-topic, I came across the post via a search and didn't realize where I was.

Yes, I come across the same issue with the same error message when attempting to log onto the admin area in Shopify. The admin login page in Shopify is identical across the board, found at YOUR-SHOP.myshopify.com/admin.

You can find the hidden input field in question under the id, "openid-input".

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @dmk,

Unfortunately, 1Password 3 did have the potential to fill hidden fields, so if this is what is happening here, I would suggest copying and pasting your Login information when visiting the Shopify admin page.

Our developers have made some great improvements to 1Password's filling in version 4 of the extension, but unfortunately it is incompatible with 1Password 3. If you're sticking with 1Password 3 because you're using an older OS and are unable to upgrade, we have slightly limited options here.

I've spoken with our filling gurus about this though, and one thing they suggest is tidying up your existing Login: take a look at the details and delete any fields that are not relevant to actually logging in. If 1Password has mistakenly saved a hidden field, removing it from the webforms details might help.

I wish I had a better answer for you here, but please let us know if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.