1Password not working in Yosemite 10.10 + 1Password 5.0.2

Options
PeterPeter
PeterPeter
Community Member

Hi- I can't get 1Password to run on my 2007 iMac: Yosemite 10.10 + 1Password 5.0.2. On double-click of the app icon, it fails to load and generates a system error. Please advise-- can't get to certain websites since I don't know the pwds stored in 1Password!! Yes, I recently upgraded to 10.10.

I tried:

• downloaded and installed the 5.0.2 zip several times
  • rebooted

Thanks.

Comments

• Enrika Greathouse
    Enrika Greathouse
    Community Member
    Options

Same deal here. Won't open...just crashes.

• Hi guys,

Please try the following and see if it'll help:

1. Open your Applications folder, move the 1Password 5.app file to your Trash folder. Do not allow any app-cleaning tools to clean up after 1Password.
    2. Check your Trash folder, make only the 1Password 5.app file is in there and nothing else related to 1Password is in there. Empty the trash and reboot your Mac
    3. Once the Mac boots up, download a new copy from here: http://agilebits.com/downloads
    4. Extract the downloaded file and move the extracted file to your Applications folder. Double-click on the app to open it, see if it is working better.
  • jvspcorbust
    jvspcorbust
    Community Member
    Options

I also had this issue but I tried what you said and it worked for me, thanks.

• PeterPeter
    PeterPeter
    Community Member
    Options

Worked! Thanks. :) I'm guessing that trashing the old copy of the app is the key step.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jvspcorbust‌ and @PeterPeter‌

Thanks so much for letting us know that you were able to get sorted out following @MikeT's steps. If you have any further questions, you know where to find us!

• JangWon Oh
    JangWon Oh
    Community Member
    Options

I solved this problem with @MikeT 's procedure. Thanks so much.

• You're welcome! Glad to hear Mike's instructions solved it. :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.