Upgrading from Version 3

Options
Calion
Calion
Community Member

When I installed Yosemite, imported my apps from Snow Leopard, and launched 1Password 3, I received a message to upgrade to 1Password 4 (not 5, but whatever). However, the URL clicking in the message sent me to was not helpful…https://agilebits.com/onepassword/mac/upgrade?license_code=[code redacted]

There's no way to download the new version from that page, just a way to upgrade my license code, which was apparently not needed (I have another computer with 1Password 5 installed, so maybe that's why).

I quickly clicked around and found the main 1Password page from which I downloaded the latest version, but perhaps this should be fixed for less-savvy users than I.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jim A Syler

You're right, if you already have 1Password 5 installed on another computer, you certainly don't have to upgrade your license again!

That message was provided for 1Password 3 users who might not know about version 4 (before the dawn of 1Password 5.) Since the upgrade from version 3 to version 4 was a paid upgrade, we wanted to make it as easy as possible for users to get their upgraded license at the appropriate discount.

I'm glad to hear though that you were able to find the version that you needed. For any other users who happen upon this thread, our downloads page has what you need: simply scroll to the bottom of the page if you're looking for Legacy versions for older operating systems. :)

This discussion has been closed.